About Rent the Runway:
Recently named #9 on CNBC’s Disruptor 50 list for 2018, Rent the Runway is transforming the $2.4 trillion global fashion industry by introducing clothing rental as a utility for women. We have pioneered the closet in the cloud and believe that every person globally will soon have a subscription to fashion. Since our launch in late 2009, the company has raised more than $210 million from top-tier investors and built one of the most beloved brands on earth. We are proud to be both a profitable and high-growth business, with a loyal 9 million members who believe that rental is the future.
Our 1200+ employees have a revolutionary spirit that permeates our culture. We’ve built proprietary technology, a one-of-a-kind reverse logistics operation, stores of the future, a viral brand, relationships with hundreds of fashion brands - and we are obsessed with continuing to game change our customer experience.
We are also trying to revolutionize entrepreneurship itself - proving that diverse teams produce outsized impact. The Rent the Runway Foundation, which our two co-founders launched together in 2015, helps thousands of female entrepreneurs build and scale their own businesses with the mission of increasing the number of high growth women-led companies.
About the Position:
Rent the Runway has a complex data ecosystem that spans web and infrastructure logs, transactions and recurring subscription behavior, and tracking each inventory unit and throughput of our home grown reverse logistics rental operations.
Data systems power critical business decisions - from inventory assortment to operational efficacy, from marketing actions to personalized website features and customer experience enhancements - and we want to scale the data science function across all these vectors.
In this role, you would:
- Mine the data ecosystem & find fruitful signals
- Develop and deploy performant algorithms powering applications
- Examples of applications include consumer-facing recommendation engines, inventory allocation systems, and internal apps for inventory buying and customer experience
- Do bleeding-edge work including optimizing how products fit customers (unsolved as of yet), using AI techniques for inventory buying, and real-time streaming/model computations.
You should have:
- Strong academic background in Computer Science, Mathematics, Physics or a related quantitative/engineering field
- Experience developing software or data products, particularly in Python, our go-to language.
- We also use packages like R for modeling efforts. Java is main language for our back-end systems.
- Passion for data and its ability to drive serious business impact
- Ability to work independently and take responsibility in a function that is growing in strength but is also core to the company’s growth