Rent the Runway (RTR) is transforming the way we get dressed by pioneering the world’s first Closet in the Cloud. Founded in 2009, RTR has disrupted the $2.4 trillion fashion industry by inspiring women with a more joyful, sustainable and financially-savvy way to feel their best every day. As the ultimate destination for circular fashion, the brand now offers infinite points of access to its shared closet via a fully customizable subscription to fashion, one-time rental or ownership. RTR offers designer apparel, accessories and home decor from 700+ brand partners and has built in-house proprietary technology and a one-of-a-kind reverse logistics operation. Under CEO and Co-Founder Jennifer Hyman’s leadership, RTR has been named to CNBC’s “Disruptor 50” five times in ten years, and has been placed on Fast Company’s Most Innovative Companies list multiple times, while Hyman herself has been named to the “TIME 100” most influential people in the world and as one of People magazine’s “Women Changing the World.”
About the Team:
Data is core to our growing business and has been ingrained in the company's DNA since its founding. The Business Intelligence team arms stakeholders across the company with data to measure performance and insights to drive continuous improvements. The team is responsible for developing and maintaining RTR’s core data model, defining and analyzing performance metrics, building reports, and enabling self-service report solutions.
About the Job:
We are looking for a Senior Business Intelligence Analyst to develop and manage the crucial data models that describe the largest asset on Rent the Runway’s balance sheet and our most important competitive differentiator: Inventory. In this role, you will create rich reporting and data visualizations that enable functional leaders to quickly digest information and make decisions. You will partner with data scientists on the Inventory Analytics team as well as planners, buyers, and site merchandisers on the fashion team. In collaboration, you will define KPIs and set attainable, stretch goals to drive continuous improvement in the operation.
What You’ll Do:
- Partner closely with Fashion and data science teams to identify, scope, and fill data visibility gaps
- Work with product and engineering to ensure we collect data required to support business objectives
- Create scalable, reusable datasets with appropriate architecture
- Build Looker dashboards to showcase and disseminate key insights throughout organization
- Define and monitor KPIs in collaboration with the Fashion and data science teams
- Promote and assimilate best practices across the Business Intelligence function
- Become a go-to business partner with deep understanding of inventory data, insights and impact
- Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science, Physics, Mathematics, Statistics, Economics, Technology, Business or related fields; advanced degrees and/or specializations a plus
- 3-5+ years of hands-on experience with big data; high proficiency using relational databases and writing queries in SQL (experience with dimension modeling and/or dbt is a plus!)
- Experience with business intelligence tools such as Tableau or Looker
- Experience with eCommerce data is highly preferred
- Ability to communicate effectively with wide-range of audiences
- Ability to quickly ramp up on new tools/software
- Passion for data and its fundamental ability to create value
- Extremely curious and excited to dive into complex problems
At Rent the Runway, we’re committed to the wellbeing of our employees, and aim to create a workplace that fosters both personal and professional growth. Our inclusive benefits include, but are not limited to:
- Paid Time Off including vacation, paid bereavement, and family sick leave - every employee needs time to take care of themselves and their family.
- Universal Paid Parental Leave for both parents + flexible return to work program - because we know your newest family member(s) deserve your undivided attention.
- Paid Sabbatical after 5 years of continuous service - Unplug, recharge, and have some fun!
- Exclusive employee subscription and rental discounts - to ensure you experience the magic of renting the runway (and give us valued feedback!).
- Comprehensive health, vision, dental, FSA and dependent care from day 1 of employment - Your health comes first and we’ve got you covered.
- 401k match - an investment in your future.
- Company wide events and outings - our team spirit is no joke - we know how to have fun!
- Hybrid Work - when our corporate employees return to the office post COVID they will have the option to work remotely 2-3 days a week, in accordance with Company policies.
Rent the Runway is an equal opportunity employer. In accordance with applicable law, we prohibit discrimination against any applicant or employee based on any legally-recognized basis, including, but not limited to: race, color, religion, sex (including pregnancy, lactation, childbirth or related medical conditions), sexual orientation, gender identity, age (40 and over), national origin or ancestry, citizenship status, physical or mental disability, genetic information (including testing and characteristics), veteran status, uniformed service member status or any other status protected by federal, state or local law.