Rent the Runway (RTR) is transforming the way we get dressed by pioneering the world’s first Closet in the Cloud. Founded in 2009, RTR has disrupted the $2.4 trillion fashion industry by inspiring women with a more joyful, sustainable and financially-savvy way to feel their best every day. As the ultimate destination for circular fashion, the brand now offers infinite points of access to its shared closet via a fully customizable subscription to fashion, one-time rental or ownership. RTR offers designer apparel, accessories and home decor from 700+ brand partners and has built in-house proprietary technology and a one-of-a-kind reverse logistics operation. Under CEO and Co-Founder Jennifer Hyman’s leadership, RTR has been named to CNBC’s “Disruptor 50” five times in ten years, and has been placed on Fast Company’s Most Innovative Companies list multiple times, while Hyman herself has been named to the “TIME 100” most influential people in the world and as one of People magazine’s “Women Changing the World.”
RTR is expanding its team focused on creating value through our vendor relationships and providing outsized growth opportunities for our partners, while delivering on our brand mission to power customers to feel their best every day. The Inventory Innovation team is responsible for incubating and expanding our inventory model portfolio, optimizing our engagement terms with partners, and expanding our portfolio of vendor offerings in order to drive brand adoption and success on our platform.
About the Job
We are looking for an entrepreneurial team member who will help support our vendor value creation strategy and play a role in disrupting the apparel supply chain through new business models and capabilities. This person will support RTR’s goal of reducing inventory acquisition cost through alternative methods by partnering cross functionally to negotiate terms and build new commercial offerings for vendors based on data analysis, market feedback, and demand. This includes, but is not limited to category expansion, B2B enablement and contributes to ongoing research and competitive analyses surrounding the rental and resale network. The ideal candidate will embrace problem solving and thrive in an organization where communication and curiosity are valued.
This role will work in close partnership with our Merchandising, Finance, and Inventory Planning stakeholders.
What you’ll do:
Help build, manage, and execute alternate inventory model expansion at RTR.
- Provide insight into building a rev-share program that maximizes vendor adoption and overall success of RTR’s platform strategy
- Partner with planning and finance to define optimal terms and financial arrangements
- Drive our B2B services strategy that provides deep value to our brand partners by maximizing their outcomes with RTR and streamlines processes
- Create program materials to build vendor awareness and be a champion for area needs both internally and externally
- Partner with stakeholders on operational initiatives for category and assortment expansion
Develop processes, drive requirements alignment, and lead change management as we scale our alternate acquisition methods.
- Redefine cross-functional workflows and communications across internal teams
- Partner with Product and Engineering to translate requirements into solutions for our merchants and external partners, including product opportunities
- Implement best practices for reporting integrity and maintenance across systems
- Assist with changes to reporting processes to meet business needs across teams
Develop a robust vendor onboarding and and ongoing support program to all vendors and partners
- Maintain and update contracts as needed in partnership with legal and merchants
- Support and maintain Co-Manufacturing business cycle from pipeline maintenance and pitch through designer launches.
- Manage project timelines and deliverables for new brands and partnership models
- Bachelor’s degree and 1-3 years of experience in analytics, finance, consulting, retail or an early-to-growth stage company.
- An interest in data and its ability to create value and shape business decisions.
- Proven ability to build internal and external relationships.
- Excellent communication skills across multiple mediums and an ability to provide clear, concise information to key stakeholders on various teams.
- Self-starter with entrepreneurial drive and a demonstrated ability to work in a fast-paced, dynamic environment.
- A strong attention to detail, as well as an understanding of the bigger picture.
- An innate sense of curiosity and desire to solve problems, make decisions and take action on both an individual and collaborative basis.
- Microsoft Office skills, specifically Excel and PowerPoint.
At Rent the Runway, we’re committed to the wellbeing of our employees, and aim to create a workplace that fosters both personal and professional growth. Our inclusive benefits include, but are not limited to:
- Paid Time Off including vacation, paid bereavement, and family sick leave - every employee needs time to take care of themselves and their family.
- Universal Paid Parental Leave for both parents + flexible return to work program - because we know your newest family member(s) deserve your undivided attention.
- Paid Sabbatical after 5 years of continuous service - Unplug, recharge, and have some fun!
- Exclusive employee subscription and rental discounts - to ensure you experience the magic of renting the runway (and give us valued feedback!).
- Comprehensive health, vision, dental, FSA and dependent care from day 1 of employment - Your health comes first and we’ve got you covered.
- 401k match - an investment in your future.
- Company wide events and outings - our team spirit is no joke - we know how to have fun!
- Hybrid Work - when our corporate employees return to the office post COVID they will have the option to work remotely 2-3 days a week, in accordance with Company policies.
Rent the Runway is an equal opportunity employer. In accordance with applicable law, we prohibit discrimination against any applicant or employee based on any legally-recognized basis, including, but not limited to: race, color, religion, sex (including pregnancy, lactation, childbirth or related medical conditions), sexual orientation, gender identity, age (40 and over), national origin or ancestry, citizenship status, physical or mental disability, genetic information (including testing and characteristics), veteran status, uniformed service member status or any other status protected by federal, state or local law.