At Rent the Runway, our mission is to make women feel empowered and self-confident every single day by combining best in class technology, logistics, and customer service. Since our launch in 2009, we’ve developed proprietary technology, a one-of-a-kind reverse logistics operation, stores of the future, a viral brand, relationships with hundreds of fashion designers - and we are passionate about continuing to innovate our customer experience. We have pioneered the closet in the cloud and believe that every person globally will soon have a subscription to fashion. We are proud to be both a profitable and fast-growing business, with a loyal 10 million members who believe that rental is the future.
About our Team:
Our engineering team works on product-oriented problems across the boundaries of e-commerce, mobile, analytics and shipping/fulfillment. The backbone of our business is our custom logistics management system, which gives us the crucial ability to deliver the right product to the right user at the right time - a simple goal with a complex solution. We use data, engineering and algorithms to create a personalized website and an adaptive supply chain to fulfill our commitment to an amazing customer experience.
About this Job:
We are continuously on the look out for a front end developers who prioritizes creativity and user experience alongside great code and curiosity. Your opinions on architecture and design are informed by your experience building applications supporting large user bases, but you’re still always open to learning more and working with a team to try new approaches and iterations on your features and products. Our front end engineers can be found working on everything from website features that improve the experience of our customers to UIs in the systems used at our warehouse, in our retail locations, and by our customer support teams.
What You'll Do:
- Participate in all aspects of agile software development including design, implementation, and deployment
- Collaborate with designers and other teams to refine product features and brainstorm ideas
- Work with business stakeholders to identify software solutions to business challenges
- Write clean, testable, and efficient code
- An eye for responsive design and strong attention to detail
- Ability to pick up new tools and technologies as needed
- Experience working as part of a cross-functional development team
- Ability to prioritize important tasks
- Effective written and verbal communication skills
At Rent the Runway, we’re committed to the happiness and well-being of our employees, and aim to create a workplace that fosters both personal and professional growth. Our benefits include, but are not limited to:
- Generous Paid Time Off including vacation, paid bereavement, and family sick leave - every employee needs time to take care of themselves and their family.
- Universal Paid Parental Leave for both parents + flexible return to work program - because we know your newest family member(s) deserve your undivided attention.
- Paid Sabbatical after 5 years of continuous service - Unplug, recharge, and have some fun! .
- Comprehensive health, vision, dental, FSA and dependent care from day 1 of employment - Your health comes first and we’ve got you covered.
- Industry leading 401k match - an investment in your future.