About Rent the Runway:
Rent the Runway (RTR) is transforming the way we get dressed by pioneering the world’s first Closet in the Cloud. Founded in 2009, RTR has disrupted the $2.4 trillion fashion industry by inspiring women with a more joyful, sustainable and financially-savvy way to feel their best every day. As the ultimate destination for circular fashion, the brand now offers infinite points of access to its shared closet via a fully customizable subscription to fashion, one-time rental or ownership. RTR offers designer apparel, accessories and home decor from 700+ brand partners and has built in-house proprietary technology and a one-of-a-kind reverse logistics operation. Under CEO and Co-Founder Jennifer Hyman’s leadership, RTR has been named to CNBC’s “Disruptor 50” five times in ten years, and has been placed on Fast Company’s Most Innovative Companies list multiple times, while Hyman herself has been named to the “TIME 100” most influential people in the world and as one of People magazine’s “Women Changing the World.”
About the Job:
We are seeking a Director, Growth Marketing (Performance Media) to lead our SEM, Paid Social, Affiliate, Re-marketing, and Programmatic marketing channels. In this role, you will oversee the performance marketing team, driving strategy and execution across our media channels. The ideal candidate has a deep understanding of performance marketing and acquisition KPIs, has a highly analytical and technical skillset, and thrives in a fast-moving, rapidly evolving organization.
In this role, you will leverage your knowledge and experience across performance marketing channels to drive scale, optimize performance and enable Rent The Runway to achieve overall growth goals.
What You’ll Do:
- Grow and improve performance across media channels, with focus on scaling new customer acquisition while achieving efficiency targets and customer quality based on LTV
- Employ a data-driven strategy in order to build and execute digital testing roadmap across messaging, creative, audience, frequency and channel mix
- Work closely with data and analytics to understand Rent The Runway’s customer’s journey from awareness to conversion and leverage insights to unlock new growth and conversion opportunities
- Test into new channels for RTR (podcast, You Tube, TikTok etc)
- Partner with Finance and Revenue teams to forecast business growth, and set the strategic approach for driving the highest ROI marketing investments. Manage and refine complex acquisition modeling and multi-touch attribution modeling
- Lead budgeting and monthly forecasts ensuring that the Performance marketing team is aware of each month’s forecast, strategies, and guardrails to ensure they are able to successfully execute against the brand priorities and remain within forecast
- Own regular communication of performance marketing performance against goals, bringing clear analysis and insights from the data
- Communicate performance to senior leadership on a weekly/monthly/ quarterly basis, highlighting opportunities or trends for continuous improvement
- Oversee team management (internal, agencies, contractors). Responsible for setting budgets, defining objectives, monitoring workflow, identifying and filling resource gaps and implementing and refining processes as needed
- Collaborate with engineering and product to drive initiatives for impacting organic visibility of focused category keywords, site architecture, and taxonomy and content. Partner with 3rd parties where necessary.
- BA/BS required
- 7+ years digital marketing experience across paid search, paid social, affiliate, TV/video, and offline marketing channels (podcasts, direct mail, etc)
- Experience in consumer products or retail, startup experience is a plus
- Proven track record successfully managing a multi-million dollar acquisition budget and taking a company through an intensive growth period for an e-comm business (ideally a subscription business)
- Growth hacking mindset: must be highly quantitative, analytical, and a technical self-starter, including the ability to process and understand large data sets and clearly articulate program status to management
- Extensive knowledge of online analytics/business intelligence tools such as Tableau, SQL, etc is a plus
- Experience with multi-touch attribution and media mix models.
- Deep understanding of A/B and incrementality tests
- Excel in strategic prioritization and decision making; effectively balance long term business goals with short term needs
- Expert in Facebook bidding, targeting and optimization, with hands-on experience running campaigns.
- Possess consumer empathy and dedication to great consumer experiences
- Passionate about marketing and marketing tech. Up to date on industry trends and technology.
- Possess an entrepreneurial and founder mindset, ready to take on tasks outside of role with strong agility to change and to be flexible/resilient
- Ability to thrive and be resourceful in a fast-paced environment
At Rent the Runway, we’re committed to the wellbeing of our employees, and aim to create a workplace that fosters both personal and professional growth. Our inclusive benefits include, but are not limited to:
- Paid Time Off including vacation, paid bereavement, and family sick leave - every employee needs time to take care of themselves and their family.
- Universal Paid Parental Leave for both parents + flexible return to work program - because we know your newest family member(s) deserve your undivided attention.
- Paid Sabbatical after 5 years of continuous service - Unplug, recharge, and have some fun!
- Exclusive employee subscription and rental discounts - to ensure you experience the magic of renting the runway (and give us valued feedback!).
- Comprehensive health, vision, dental, FSA and dependent care from day 1 of employment - Your health comes first and we’ve got you covered.
- 401k match - an investment in your future.
- Company wide events and outings - our team spirit is no joke - we know how to have fun!
- Flexibility Policy - when our corporate employees return to the office post COVID they will have the option to work remotely 2-3 days a week.
Rent the Runway is an equal opportunity employer. In accordance with applicable law, we prohibit discrimination against any applicant or employee based on any legally-recognized basis, including, but not limited to: race, color, religion, sex (including pregnancy, lactation, childbirth or related medical conditions), sexual orientation, gender identity, age (40 and over), national origin or ancestry, citizenship status, physical or mental disability, genetic information (including testing and characteristics), veteran status, uniformed service member status or any other status protected by federal, state or local law.