Rent the Runway is transforming the way we get dressed as the ultimate destination for circular fashion, offering infinite points of access to the world’s first Closet in the Cloud via a customizable subscription to fashion, one-time rental or ownership. Founded in 2009, the brand pioneered this concept across fashion, disrupting a $2.4 trillion industry and inspiring women with a more joyful, sustainable and financially-savvy way to feel their best every day. RTR offers designer apparel, accessories and home decor from 700+ brand partners and has built in-house proprietary technology and a one-of-a-kind reverse logistics operation. Under CEO and Co-Founder Jennifer Hyman’s leadership, Rent the Runway has been named to CNBC’s “Disruptor 50” five times in ten years, and has been placed on Fast Company’s Most Innovative Companies list multiple times, while Hyman herself has been named to the “TIME 100” most influential people in the world and as one of People magazine’s “Women Changing the World.”
About the Team:
Rent the Runway is transforming the way modern women get dressed and disrupting the $2.4 trillion fashion industry by pioneering dynamic ownership and enabling women to rent, subscribe to and purchase secondhand clothing. Founded in 2009 with a vision to build the world’s first living closet, RTR believes that women everywhere will soon have a subscription to fashion. By creating a new model of dynamic ownership rooted in sustainability, RTR has made apparel rental an indispensable utility while also powering women to feel their best every day. RTR offers apparel, accessories and home decor from over 700 designer partners and has built in-house proprietary technology and a one-of-a-kind reverse logistics operation. Under CEO and Co-Founder Jennifer Hyman’s leadership, Rent the Runway has been named to CNBC’s “Disruptor 50” five times in ten years, and has been placed on Fast Company’s Most Innovative Companies list multiple times.
About the Job:
The Senior Manager, Procurement will report to the Director of Garment Science & Quality and work directly with the warehouse fulfillment team. Their core responsibilities will be to own all aspects of supply forecasting and ordering for RTR’s two fulfillment centers. This requires partnership with external suppliers, PO/Invoice management and the operational processes related to receiving and using supplies. In this role, they will have the opportunity to build an hourly team and will create and improve processes including receiving and cycle counting.
What You’ll Do:
- Analyze data and create metrics; create data visualizations for team meetings; lead weekly and monthly business reviews on key metrics
- Forecast supply usage, ordering and cost in partnership with Finance and Accounting
- Manage and develop best practices for the full PO, invoice and receipt process of all non-inventory receipts for operations
- Manage and develop best practices for supply cycle count and accounting reconciliation
- Manage key vendor relationships to leverage purchasing power. This requires negotiating pricing and contract terms alongside Legal
- Support operations and engineering teams for key projects by research, testing and procuring new supplies
- You have experience creating forecasts and analyzing data sets with multiple variables
- You have experience in leading/collaborating with operations, finance, accounting and engineering teams in the pursuit of delivering KPIs
- You have experience with building, owning and delivering on operating metrics
- You have experience managing hourly associates in receiving and/or cycle count processes
- You have a strong analytical background and the ability to apply that at some level to both readily available data. Strong Excel skills are a must; other data tool skills are a bonus.
- You have the vision to find the answers to complicated operational problems and are relentless in your ability to try new things
At Rent the Runway, we’re committed to the wellbeing of our employees, and aim to create a workplace that fosters both personal and professional growth. Our inclusive benefits include, but are not limited to:
- Paid Time Off including vacation, paid bereavement, and family sick leave - every employee needs time to take care of themselves and their family.
- Universal Paid Parental Leave for both parents + flexible return to work program - because we know your newest family member(s) deserve your undivided attention.
- Paid Sabbatical after 5 years of continuous service - Unplug, recharge, and have some fun!
- Exclusive employee subscription and rental discounts - to ensure you experience the magic of renting the runway (and give us valued feedback!).
- Comprehensive health, vision, dental, FSA and dependent care from day 1 of employment - Your health comes first and we’ve got you covered.
- 401k match - an investment in your future.
- Company wide events and outings - our team spirit is no joke - we know how to have fun!
- Flexibility Policy - when our corporate employees return to the office post COVID they will have the option to work remotely 2-3 days a week.
Rent the Runway is an equal opportunity employer. In accordance with applicable law, we prohibit discrimination against any applicant or employee based on any legally-recognized basis, including, but not limited to: race, color, religion, sex (including pregnancy, lactation, childbirth or related medical conditions), sexual orientation, gender identity, age (40 and over), national origin or ancestry, citizenship status, physical or mental disability, genetic information (including testing and characteristics), veteran status, uniformed servicemember status or any other status protected by federal, state or local law.