Rent the Runway is transforming the way modern women get dressed and disrupting the $2.4 trillion fashion industry by pioneering dynamic ownership and enabling women to rent, subscribe to and purchase secondhand clothing. Founded in 2009 with a vision to build the world’s first living closet, RTR believes that women everywhere will soon have a subscription to fashion. By creating a new model of dynamic ownership rooted in sustainability, RTR has made apparel rental an indispensable utility while also powering women to feel their best every day. RTR offers apparel, accessories and home decor from over 700 designer partners and has built in-house proprietary technology and a one-of-a-kind reverse logistics operation. Under CEO and Co-Founder Jennifer Hyman’s leadership, Rent the Runway has been named to CNBC’s “Disruptor 50” five times in ten years, and has been placed on Fast Company’s Most Innovative Companies list multiple times.
About the Job:
The RTR One Stop Swap Associate will be responsible for the overall management and execution of Rent the Runway’s mobile drop-off & pick-up experience truck in New York City. This position requires someone who can problem solve in the moment and work with all cross functional internal teams to deliver a first in class customer experience.
What You’ll Do:
- You will utilize a company vehicle and be responsible to follow all NYC / DOT parking regulations to ensure that the van is parked in a safe & legal parking spot on a daily basis.
- You will interact with customers, accept customer returns and safely transport all items to the NYC Flagship (30 W 15th St) store, all on a daily basis.
- You will assist customers with questions, troubleshoot return issues, and control queues and wait times during peak hours in order to provide customers with first in class customer service.
- You will work at the NYC Flagship store to support the Dropbox team when One Stop Swap van is not in service (i.e., unloading of all garment bags, units & accessories).
- You will communicate your location to the social media and brand marketing teams on a daily / weekly basis (e.g., arrivals, departures, and traffic or delay issues in between)
- You will ensure cleanliness and care of vehicle including immediate maintenance reporting; (e.g., issues with brakes, lights, tires, wipers); complete maintenance work orders and deliver to Team Lead/ Manager in a timely manner.
- You have a valid US Driver’s License and a driving record free of accidents, moving violations, major violations and points.
- You are able to operate an RTR-owned sprinter van in compliance with New Jersey & New York City Motor Vehicle laws and are willing to drive in all weather and traffic conditions.
- You have open availability to work shifts and hours based on business needs, including a rotating weekend shift including Saturday, Sunday and holidays.
- You have a general knowledge of GPS & New York City Metro area.
- You are skilled at multitasking, managing priorities and operating with a sense of urgency.
- You have strong verbal communication skills.
- You demonstrate a safe attitude in all facets of work, following all safety rules and regulations and reporting any safety or traffic accidents immediately.
- You have a High School Diploma or GED.
- Bonus points for prior Retail and/or Customer Service experience!
Rent the Runway is an equal opportunity employer. In accordance with applicable law, we prohibit discrimination against any applicant or employee based on any legally-recognized basis, including, but not limited to: race, color, religion, sex (including pregnancy, lactation, childbirth or related medical conditions), sexual orientation, gender identity, age (40 and over), national origin or ancestry, citizenship status, physical or mental disability, genetic information (including testing and characteristics), veteran status, uniformed servicemember status or any other status protected by federal, state or local law.