Rent the Runway is transforming the way modern women get dressed and disrupting the $2.4 trillion global fashion industry by enabling women to rent, versus buy, clothing. Founded in 2009 with a vision to build the world’s first living closet, RTR believes that women everywhere will soon have a subscription to fashion. Rent the Runway has pioneered a new industry by transforming the traditional model of clothing consumption, making apparel rental an indispensable utility while also powering women to feel their best every day. RTR offers apparel, accessories and home decor from over 700 designer partners and has built in-house proprietary technology and a one-of-a-kind reverse logistics operation. Under CEO and Co-Founder Jennifer Hyman’s leadership, Rent the Runway has been named to CNBC’s “Disruptor 50” five times in ten years, and has been placed on Fast Company’s Most Innovative Companies list multiple times.
About the Team:
Our Mobile Engineering team sits within our Consumer Engineering team. We are smart, pragmatic, and entrepreneurial. We practice continuous integration & test-driven development, engage in constant peer code reviews & pair programming, and work hard to give back to the software community through open-source contributions.
About the Job:
At Rent the Runway, you will architect, design, develop, deploy and operate iOS applications that are used daily by our passionate members. You‘ll be the technical leader for a department, contributing hands-on in a team, while leading technical projects spanning multiple teams. We are looking for someone who can drive development and delivery, architecture & evangelize best practices in mobile. We believe that every person deserves a “Cinderella” experience, whether they are a first time user or monthly subscriber. Many of our millions of members have used Rent the Runway for the most important events in their lives, and in the process, we are changing the meaning of ownership and revolutionizing retail.
What You'll Do:
- Drive technical projects to success and provide leadership in a fast-paced, startup environment
- Take responsibility for the overall planning, execution and success of our Mobile Strategic initiatives
- Work closely with cross-functional teams across Engineering, Product, Analytics, Marketing, Creative, and Design
- Contribute technically to projects by being a hands-on coder and removing roadblocks
- Lead prioritization efforts, contribute to future roadmaps, and provide mentorship to others
- Drive continuous improvement for the release process
- Deeply care about the happiness and careers of others
- BA/BS in Computer Science, related degree, or equivalent practical experience
- Extensive professional experience in software development, working on robust, complex systems that serve a high volume of users
- Hands-on technical leadership and/or people management experience
- At least 4 years of professional experience building iOS applications using Objective-C & Swift
- A strong command of algorithms, data structures, and best practices
- A passion for bringing great products into our world through collaboration and ingenuity
- Solid understanding & previous experience with distributed system performance analysis and optimization
- Ability to understand, diagnose, and effectively articulate technical challenges and solutions
- Ability to handle ambiguous problems and make the tradeoffs without compromising quality
At Rent the Runway, we’re committed to the happiness and well-being of our employees and aim to create a workplace that fosters both personal and professional growth. We have a competitive benefits package on offer for all our Ireland based employees which reflects our ethos and culture. Our benefits include, but are not limited to:
- Generous Paid Time Off including annual leave, paid bereavement, and family sick leave - every employee needs time to take care of themselves and their family.
- Universal Paid Parental Leave for both parents + flexible return to work program - because we know your newest family member(s) deserve your undivided attention.
- Paid Sabbatical after 5 years of continuous service - Unplug, recharge, and have some fun!
- Comprehensive health, vision, and dental care from day 1 of employment - Your health comes first and we’ve got you covered.