Rent the Runway is transforming the way modern women get dressed and disrupting the $2.4 trillion global fashion industry by enabling women to rent, versus buy, clothing. Founded in 2009 with a vision to build the world’s first living closet, RTR believes that women everywhere will soon have a subscription to fashion. Rent the Runway has pioneered a new industry by transforming the traditional model of clothing consumption, making apparel rental an indispensable utility while also powering women to feel their best every day. RTR offers apparel, accessories and home decor from over 700 designer partners and has built in-house proprietary technology and a one-of-a-kind reverse logistics operation. Under CEO and Co-Founder Jennifer Hyman’s leadership, Rent the Runway has been named to CNBC’s “Disruptor 50” five times in ten years, and has been placed on Fast Company’s Most Innovative Companies list multiple times.
About the Team:
Data is core to our growing business and has been ingrained in the company's DNA since its founding. The Operations Analytics team arms our warehouse, transportation, and customer service managers with data to measure performance and insights to drive continuous improvements. The team is responsible for data model management, defining and analyzing performance metrics, building reports, running experiments, and developing statistical models.
About the Job:
We are looking for a Business Intelligence Manager to own reporting and data accessibility for the operation. In this role you will work closely with functional leaders to translate business needs into data requirements, data requirements into intuitive reporting, and intuitive reporting into illuminating data visualizations. You will partner with data scientists on the Operations Analytics team to drive action from the models they build, weaving insights and guidance into the business intelligence tools you produce. You will help craft our BI strategy, determining which tools to adopt and how to balance self-service reporting with canonical reporting sources.
What You’ll Do:
- Work with product and engineering to ensure we collect data required to support operations business areas
- Create scalable, reusable datasets that support reporting and analysis
- Define, monitor, and diagnose progress against OKRs and other KPIs
- Manage the business intelligence roadmap in partnership with operations leadership
- Mentor a small team of reporting analysts
- Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science, Physics, Mathematics, Statistics, Economics, Technology, Business or related fields; advanced degrees and/or specializations a plus
- 5+ years experience in a business intelligence or related function
- High proficiency using relational databases and writing queries in SQL
- Experience with business intelligence tools such as Tableau or Looker
- Experience with eCommerce and/or operational data is highly preferred
- Experience using DBT and familiarity with dimensional modeling are preferred
- Track record of building strong relationships with cross-functional partners
- Ability to communicate effectively with wide-range of audiences
- Passion for data and its fundamental ability to create value
- Extremely curious and excited to dive into complex problems in supply chain and operations
At Rent the Runway, we’re committed to the happiness and wellbeing of our employees, and aim to create a workplace that fosters both personal and professional growth. Our benefits include, but are not limited to:
- Generous Paid Time Off including vacation, paid bereavement, and family sick leave - every employee needs time to take care of themselves and their family.
- Universal Paid Parental Leave for both parents + flexible return to work program - because we know your newest family member(s) deserve your undivided attention.
- Paid Sabbatical after 5 years of continuous service - Unplug, recharge, and have some fun!
- Comprehensive health, vision, dental, FSA and dependent care from day 1 of employment - Your health comes first and we’ve got you covered.
- Industry leading 401k match - an investment in your future.