About the Job:
In this position you will partner with Operations Senior Management to develop and execute the HR strategies that foster organizational and people effectiveness. The individual in this role must understand business priorities and translate them into an HR agenda that supports the business as it grows rapidly. This role drives overall business performance and employee engagement by proactively diagnosing issues and opportunities and taking the necessary actions to address issues. The HRBP will work with the Director HR Business Partner in the development and execution of project plans as well as the HR strategies and business objectives, including but not limited to: talent planning, leadership training & development, performance management, workforce planning, communication and diversity initiatives, etc, all of which help further the goals of the organization. The HRBP role is both a strategic and hands-on role that provides full cycle Human Resources support to our 24/6 Fulfillment Center.
The ideal candidate will be a creative, collaborative, results-oriented leader who is particularly adept at balancing multiple priorities and issues and being decisive. A true hands-on approach as well as the ability to successfully monitor the "pulse" of the employees to ensure a high level of employee engagement at all levels of the organization. Experience with rapid and complex changing work environment and high-volume workload is a must. This role requires someone to be dedicated to developing a strong, diverse, and collaborative organization, have a strong work ethic, a passion for managing the details within a growing business and willing to contribute where necessary including the ability to "roll up your sleeves."
What You'll Do:
- Execute our people initiatives, providing great internal customer support, and driving HR functional excellence and process improvement
- The ability to understand business goals and recommend new approaches, policies and procedures to effect continual improvements in business objectives, productivity and development of HR within the company
- Guide and advise leaders in corrective action, development plans, employee terminations, etc.
- Coaching and mentoring at management level
- Responsibility for operations management talent movement and development
- Ownership of management Learning & Development programs including creation of facilitator guides, participant guides, Powerpoint decks, and job aids to support the learning opportunities and key gaps in leadership
- Creating and driving effective development, employee relations, retention and reward programs
- Advise leaders regarding legal and regulatory compliance: FMLA, ADA, FLSA, EEO, OSHA, Safety, etc.
- Partner with senior leadership to drive performance management at all levels of the organization
- Ensure consistent policy implementation and adherence
- Facilitate, partner as necessary and use sound judgement to resolve employee relation concerns
- Partners with operations leadership in the development of engagement action plans based on their Employee Engagement Survey results in alignment with company goals
- Bachelor’s Degree in HR, Business or related field; advanced HR degree preferred
- At least 10 years in a dedicated HR role with at least 6 years of HR management experience
- The ability to manage multiple priorities simultaneously - orientated on results
- Experience interpreting and applying HR policies, procedures, programs and processes
- Passion for innovative HR solutions and process improvement
- A strong solutions focus and be comfortable working in an environment which demands strong deliverables along with the ability to identify problems and drive appropriate solutions
- Previous experience training management level
- Experience in a manufacturing or warehouse environment
- Excellent problem solver with a proven track record of driving results
- Outstanding interpersonal, oral, and written communication skills
- Excellent computer skills including Microsoft Office Products, Internet navigation, HRIS systems
- Able to create, analyze, report and manipulate data as it relates to HR metrics
- Bilingual in Spanish preferred
At Rent the Runway, we’re committed to the happiness and wellbeing of our employees, and aim to create a workplace that fosters both personal and professional growth. Our benefits include, but are not limited to:
- Generous Paid Time Off including vacation, paid bereavement, and family sick leave - every employee needs time to take care of themselves and their family.
- Universal Paid Parental Leave for both parents + flexible return to work program - because we know your newest family member(s) deserve your undivided attention.
- Paid Sabbatical after 5 years of continuous service - Unplug, recharge, and have some fun!
- Exclusive employee subscription and rental discounts - to ensure you experience the magic of renting the runway (and give us valued feedback!).
- Comprehensive health, vision, dental, FSA and dependent care from day 1 of employment - Your health comes first and we’ve got you covered.
- Industry leading 401k match - an investment in your future.
- Company wide events and outings - our team spirit is no joke - we know how to have fun!
Rent the Runway is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Rent the Runway does not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, age, non-disqualifying physical or mental disability, national origin, veteran status or any other basis covered by appropriate law. All employment is decided on the basis of qualifications, merit, and business need.