Rent the Runway is transforming the way modern women get dressed and disrupting the $2.4 trillion global fashion industry by enabling women to rent, versus buy, clothing. Founded in 2009 with a vision to build the world’s first living closet, RTR believes that women everywhere will soon have a subscription to fashion. Rent the Runway has pioneered a new industry by transforming the traditional model of clothing consumption, making apparel rental an indispensable utility while also powering women to feel their best every day. RTR offers apparel, accessories and home decor from over 700 designer partners and has built in-house proprietary technology and a one-of-a-kind reverse logistics operation. Under CEO and Co-Founder Jennifer Hyman’s leadership, Rent the Runway has been named to CNBC’s “Disruptor 50” five times in ten years, and has been placed on Fast Company’s Most Innovative Companies list multiple times.
About the Team:
Our Infrastructure team is smart, pragmatic, and entrepreneurial. We practice continuous improvements & process management techniques to put quality into everything we do. We cross-functionally service the Rent the Runway business and support multiple departments across IT, Engineering, Product, Security, Compliance and the Business.
About the Job:
As a Senior Site Reliability Engineer (SRE) you will spearhead and manage our technology initiatives in the realm of infrastructure. You will be responsible for building and developing tooling, policies, and processes to build Rent The Runway to higher levels of scale, and performance. You will lead assigned projects, and be responsible for the overall delivery of these initiatives. Ultimately be tasked with maturing existing ways of site reliability..
What You'll Do:
- We are currently starting our path towards migrating our infrastructure to a multi-cloud tenancy. As a Senior Site Reliability Engineer you will be responsible for several technical deliverables, working together with our Staff Engineers and Architects.
- You will be responsible for implementing new systems to enable our implementation of a multi-cloud environment.
- You will pair up with other engineers and own medium to large size infrastructure projects end to end.
- You will produce stellar technical specs and documentation.
- You will participate in an on-call rotation, and will identify opportunities for reducing toil and avoiding technical debt to reduce support and operations load on the team.
- 5+ years of experience in an SRE or DevOps role, preferably in a hybrid infrastructure & cloud environment - traditional Data Center / COLO with Cloud Platforms
- You understand the architectural requirements of large scale, distributed, consumer facing applications.
- Scripting proficiency essential. Java//Go proficiency is more of a bonus.
- You have in-depth knowledge of Linux operating systems and have experience with hypervisors, Linux containers and orchestration managers
- You have experience with a configuration management tool for automation and workflow development.
- You are comfortable providing estimates or project ideas that will influence your team’s roadmap.
- You are a strong collaborator.
- Your written communication is concise and clear.
At Rent the Runway, we’re committed to the happiness and wellbeing of our employees, and aim to create a workplace that fosters both personal and professional growth. Our benefits include, but are not limited to:
- Generous Paid Time Off including vacation, paid bereavement, and family sick leave - every employee needs time to take care of themselves and their family.
- Universal Paid Parental Leave for both parents + flexible return to work program - because we know your newest family member(s) deserve your undivided attention.
- Paid Sabbatical after 5 years of continuous service - Unplug, recharge, and have some fun! .
- Comprehensive health, vision, dental, FSA and dependent care from day 1 of employment - Your health comes first and we’ve got you covered.
- Industry leading 401k match - an investment in your future.