Rent the Runway is transforming the way modern women get dressed and disrupting the $2.4 trillion global fashion industry by enabling women to rent, versus buy, clothing. Rent the Runway has pioneered a new industry by transforming the traditional model of clothing consumption, making apparel rental an indispensable utility while also powering women to feel their best every day. RTR offers apparel, accessories and home decor from over 650 designer partners and has built in-house proprietary technology and a one-of-a-kind reverse logistics operation. Under CEO and Co-Founder Jennifer Hyman’s leadership, Rent the Runway has been named to CNBC’s “Disruptor 50” five times in ten years, and has been placed on Fast Company’s Most Innovative Companies list multiple times.
About the Team:
Recognising Ireland’s significant technology talent, Rent the Runway aims to hire 150 Software Engineers, Data Scientists, and Quality Engineers over the next three years. Our team, based in the historic Claddagh area of Galway city centre, will tackle core technology challenges that are critical to Rent the Runway’s overall success and will influence the future of the next generation of services.
The centre in Galway is the first operation for Rent the Runway outside of the US and our team has the opportunity to launch or grow their careers across a number of roles in Technology. Our engineering team is smart, pragmatic, and entrepreneurial. We practice continuous integration & test-driven development, engage in constant peer code reviews & pair programming, and work hard to give back to the software community through open-source contributions.
The Warehouse Logistics team is responsible for creating, enhancing, and supporting our proprietary solutions to unique business problems. The team consists of multiple groups of highly motivated, creative, and technically savvy engineers, testers, and product owners. These groups are responsible for end to end ownership of the products that fuel our round-the-clock warehouse operations with an exact focus on reliability, resilience, and scalability.
About the Role:
Our Warehouse Logistics engineering team uses a service-oriented architecture to power our mobile app, our website, and our warehouse technology. In this role, you will work on both new product features and technical infrastructure as we believe in building for the future to enable performance and scaling. You’ll be part of the team that owns our rapidly evolving reservation system, and with it our customer promise.
What You’ll Do:
- Participate in all aspects of agile software development including design, implementation, and deployment on reservation, fulfilment, and warehouse management systems
- Find architectural improvements to enable rapid growth in traffic and order volumes
- Deliver software on a sustainable schedule that keeps work-life balance in mind
- Work with business stakeholders to identify software solutions to business challenges
- Experience working as part of a cross-functional development team
- Learned from the experience of shipping multiple large, complex software projects
- Able to learn new tools and technologies quickly
- Experience working as part of a team software development effort
- Ability to manage your time and juggle competing priorities
- Exceptional communication skills
- Extensive Java and React chops or any prior Dropwizard, RabbitMQ, MySQL are a plus
- Approach collaboration with curiosity and a learning mindset demonstrating willingness to mentor and learn from teammates and foster an inclusive, empowering team dynamic
At Rent the Runway, we’re committed to the happiness and well-being of our employees and aim to create a workplace that fosters both personal and professional growth. We have a competitive benefits package on offer for all our Ireland based employees which reflects our ethos and culture. Our benefits include, but are not limited to:
- Generous Paid Time Off including annual leave, paid bereavement, and family sick leave - every employee needs time to take care of themselves and their family.
- Universal Paid Parental Leave for both parents + flexible return to work program - because we know your newest family member(s) deserve your undivided attention.
- Paid Sabbatical after 5 years of continuous service - Unplug, recharge, and have some fun!
- Competitive Stakeholder Pension - taking care of your future.
- Comprehensive health, vision, and dental care from day 1 of employment - Your health comes first and we’ve got you covered.