Rent the Runway is transforming the way modern women get dressed and disrupting the $2.4 trillion global fashion industry by enabling women to rent, versus buy, clothing. Founded in 2009 with a vision to build the world’s first living closet, RTR believes that women everywhere will soon have a subscription to fashion. We’ve pioneered a new industry by transforming the traditional model of clothing consumption, making apparel rental an indispensable utility while also powering women to feel their best every day. RTR offers apparel, accessories and home decor from over 650 designer partners and has built in-house proprietary technology and a one-of-a-kind reverse logistics operation. Under CEO and Co-Founder Jennifer Hyman’s leadership, Rent the Runway has been named to CNBC’s “Disruptor 50” five times in ten years, and has been placed on Fast Company’s Most Innovative Companies list multiple times. RTR has five retail stores of the future, 11 million community members and employs nearly 1,800 people, all of whom have equal benefits across the organization, 93% of whom are female and/or non-white, with 80% of leaders who are women.
About the Team:
Customer Experience lives and breathes our mission of empowering our customers to feel amazing. The Billing team works directly with customers on a wide variety of situations, all while delivering a positive experience and representing the Rent the Runway brand. From transaction processing to fraud investigation, we’re ready to help with anything. As part of the Customer Experience team, we are at the heart of the business and have a major impact on our continued success.
About the Job:
As a Billing Associate III, you will be focused on supporting our Customer Experience, Finance and Security teams. You’ll lead customer payment investigations and creatively solve for sensitive billing issues. In addition to interacting with customers, you will also analyze customer activity and leverage detection tools to prevent fraudulent activity. You will work with internal teams to take third party action when needed. To be successful in this role, you must simultaneously balance financial recovery and customer experience.
What You’ll Do:
- Identify potential fraudulent activity on new/existing customer accounts using various tools and reports
- Support the build out of our fraud prevention tools and reporting, working with internal stakeholders and third parties
- Create, document, and train the team on CX fraud escalation procedures
- Document and respond to failed customer payments, including chargebacks for payments
- Thoroughly research incidents and/or allegations and interact with other departments and third parties to escalate and investigate where necessary
- Share customer feedback and information with key stakeholders and leadership in order to continuously improve and evolve the customer experience
- Support overall customer experience team goals and contribute to an empathic, positive and energetic team culture
- Troubleshoot and resolve customer issues with the utmost care and respect by listening to their problems and offering creative resolutions
- Proven track record of handling complex and high-risk situations relating to billing and financial investigation
- Strong collaboration skills and ability to work well under ambiguous conditions
- Interest in fraud management and regulatory requirements, as well as industry outlook
- Articulate and comfortable communicating with customers in sensitive situations
- Ability to juggle multiple priorities at a time, and meet deadlines in a fast-paced environment
- Experience with Tableau, ThreatMetrix, and Castle preferred; experience with Kustomer is a plus
- Bachelor’s Degree in Accounting, Business Administration, Fraud Management, or 2+ years in a fraud, risk prevention, or internal audit role role
- 5+ years of experience in billing, collections or payment security
- Certified Fraud Examiner (CFE) and/or Certified Financial Crime Specialist (CFCS) preferred