Rent the Runway is transforming the way modern women get dressed and disrupting the $2.4 trillion global fashion industry by enabling women to rent, versus buy, clothing. Founded in 2009 with a vision to build the world’s first living closet, RTR believes that women everywhere will soon have a subscription to fashion. We’ve pioneered a new industry by transforming the traditional model of clothing consumption, making apparel rental an indispensable utility while also powering women to feel their best every day. RTR offers apparel, accessories and home decor from over 650 designer partners and has built in-house proprietary technology and a one-of-a-kind reverse logistics operation. Under CEO and Co-Founder Jennifer Hyman’s leadership, Rent the Runway has been named to CNBC’s “Disruptor 50” five times in ten years, and has been placed on Fast Company’s Most Innovative Companies list multiple times. RTR has five retail stores of the future, 11 million community members and employs nearly 1,800 people, all of whom have equal benefits across the organization, 93% of whom are female and/or non-white, with 80% of leaders who are women
About the Job:
The Team Lead, Safety serves as a designated safety representative of assigned dream fulfillment center (DFC), coordinating and implementing all areas of the Rent the Runway’s (RTR) Safety Program as directed by the Sr. Manager of EHS. You will influence behavior and inspire commitment on the part of all personnel in complying with RTR’s safety standards and maintaining a safe work environment. This will include conducting training and coaching associates on observed work habits in support of this effort. A Team Lead is a servant leader; dive in, roll up your sleeves to help in any situation, make tools available, remove obstacles for associates to excel in their roles, have empathy and compassion for associates, and the passion and leadership to stand up for them when the time arises.
What You’ll Do:
- Identify and inform management of compliance issues, safety risks, and improvement opportunities through the process of doing daily, weekly, and monthly audits
- Facilitate incident investigation process
- Lead and participate in any investigations involving workplace incidents involving equipment and employees, along with investigations related to fleet safety.
- Conduct risk assessments related to jobs performed (Job Hazard Analysis) and new equipment introductions. Recommend appropriate risk mitigation measures to Management, including ergonomic considerations, in all such efforts.
- Ensure compliance with all RTR Safety Program expectations and applicable federal and state law.
- Maintain required paperwork to comply with RTR’s standards.
- Facilitate access to immediate aid for associates, visitors, vendors, or guests that need assistance or medical attention.
- Maintain accurate daily, weekly and monthly metrics to report to onsite management teams.
- Document safety incident information in RTR’s OSHA 300 log and 300a in a timely manner.
- Perform safety observations and audits.
- Train and assist the operations staff to comply with RTR’s safety responsibilities
- Perform specific safety training as required by the company.
- Conduct documented Monthly facility inspections and document findings
- Partner with the security team to ensure that the security team is aware of RTR’s safety policies
- Associates’ degree or Bachelor’s degree in safety, environmental, ergonomics or a related field required
- 2+ years of growing responsibilities in safety and/or environmental programs in manufacturing, production, security or service operations.
- Experience maintaining confidentiality in all matters involving personnel issues in the workplace.
- Knowledge of OSHA regulations applicable in RTR’s industry.
- Calm demeanor in emergency situations.
- Must be flexible regarding shifts as safety incidents can happen at any time.
- Computer skills relevant to reviewing security footage and creating documents and incident logs.
- Strong written and verbal communication; bilingual in Spanish is a plus
- Enforce safety guidelines, cleanliness and security standards
- Ability to quickly recognize, diagnose and solve for challenges for associates in partnership with leadership
- Must operate with a sense of urgency and have attention to detail
- Align with the company's core values to ensure a world class customer experience
- Ability to lift a maximum of 50 lbs based on the needs of the role
- Distribution Center or Manufacturing Safety experience at a site of at least 500 non exempt employees is a plus.
- OSHA Outreach Instructor (OSHA 30/10 ) is a plus
At Rent the Runway, we’re committed to the happiness and wellbeing of our employees, and aim to create a workplace that fosters both personal and professional growth. Our benefits include, but are not limited to:
- Generous Paid Time Off including vacation, paid bereavement, and family sick leave - every employee needs time to take care of themselves and their family.
- Universal Paid Parental Leave for both parents + flexible return to work program - because we know your newest family member(s) deserve your undivided attention.
- Paid Sabbatical after 5 years of continuous service - Unplug, recharge, and have some fun!
- Exclusive employee subscription and rental discounts - to ensure you experience the magic of renting the runway (and give us valued feedback!).
- Comprehensive health, vision, dental, FSA and dependent care from day 1 of employment - Your health comes first and we’ve got you covered.
- Industry leading 401k match - an investment in your future.
- Company wide events and outings - our team spirit is no joke - we know how to have fun!
Rent the Runway is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Rent the Runway does not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, age, non-disqualifying physical or mental disability, national origin, veteran status or any other basis covered by appropriate law. All employment is decided on the basis of qualifications, merit, and business need