Rent the Runway is transforming the way modern women get dressed and disrupting the $2.4 trillion global fashion industry by enabling women to rent, versus buy, clothing. Founded in 2009 with a vision to build the world’s first living closet, RTR believes that women everywhere will soon have a subscription to fashion. Rent the Runway has pioneered a new industry by transforming the traditional model of clothing consumption, making apparel rental an indispensable utility while also powering women to feel their best every day. RTR offers apparel, accessories and home decor from over 650 designer partners and has built in-house proprietary technology and a one-of-a-kind reverse logistics operation. Under CEO and Co-Founder Jennifer Hyman’s leadership, Rent the Runway has been named to CNBC’s “Disruptor 50” five times in ten years, and has been placed on Fast Company’s Most Innovative Companies list multiple times. RTR has five retail stores of the future, 11 million community members and employs nearly 1,800 people, all of whom have equal benefits across the organization, 93% of whom are female and/or non-white, with 80% of leaders who are women.
Store at Rent the Runway:
Rent the Runway is pushing the boundaries of brick-and-mortar retail, offering a technology driven, customer-centric store experience designed to provide efficient and seamless service. Our stores are the ultimate extension of our closetless vision - serving as inventory closet and last mile fulfillment, pick up and drop off centers, styling studios, and event and community space. We have a growing footprint of 5 retail closets across key markets in the United States.
RTR stores are powered by seamless technology that enables us to provide white glove customer service - including self service fulfillment, an innovative fitting room experience, and QR code customer identification. While we are passionate about technology, the heart and soul of Rent the Runway is in our team. Our store teams are full of passionate, customer-centric individuals who are obsessed with providing the best possible experience for our customers. We believe that no issue is too big, and every customer interaction is an opportunity to help change the way women get dressed. From subscription swaps to styling sessions, our retail team is the front line of our brand and we are excited to be building this team with entrepreneurial, dynamic talent that believes in our vision for retail.
About the Job:
As the Store Experience Lead he/she will be the right hand for our Store Experience Manager. This role will assist in the management of the RTR Service Bar. This is a management role with leadership responsibilities that will contribute directly to the growth and expansion of our business and are subject to change. You will work to develop a customer-centric team while ensuring that the store is an active member of the community! The CX Lead will ensure each and every customer is warmly welcomed and completely understands how the store works and will return to RTR. Do you think you have what it takes to dream big in our dream closet?
Enter our dream closet of…
- exceptional customer experience
- endless opportunity to learn and grow with your team
- taking risks, trying new things and learning from mistakes are valued
- new adventure to rewrite the rules
- a positive work environment of outstanding teamwork, mutual respect and exceptional morale
- lead in understanding, implementing, and living in the core values!
Do you have a passion for....
- forming genuine connections with customers to create a memorable experience that makes them want to come back?
- joining a disruptive retail environment where we’re always rewriting the rules?
- working together to achieve something better than what we can do individually?
- taking risks, trying new things and where learning from mistakes are valued?
- a positive and collaborative work environment that includes mutual respect and trust?
Reports to: Store Leader
- Partner with Store Experience Manager/Store Leader on building a high performance team of Store Experience Associates with a focus on the RTR services offered to our customers
- Coach and develop associates while providing daily motivation of store team, along with celebrating team successes
- Demonstrate strong problem-solving abilities in a customer facing environment
- Proactively communicate updates or changes needed to improve operational efficiencies and overall customer experience
- Assist in the training of new hires on the customer experience in store
- Responsible for driving strong customer service score in store including: Yelp and Customer satisfaction score (CSAT)
- Oversee team zoning to ensure all areas are covered in order to provide exceptional customer service
- Present on the retail floor, as a floor manager, coaching in the moment
- Coach and train associates on dealing with challenges and customer issues
- Ability to deliver 5 star service to each and every customer
- Ensures customer expectation is exceeded at each visit
- Proactively demonstrates a “go the extra mile” mindset
- Create a positive, energetic environment focused on the customer experience
- Partners with OPS on Outbound/Inbound or Distribution Center related issues
- Able to excel in an extremely fast paced environment
- Able to multitask between various customer types
- Assist customers at checkout, customer pick-up orders, and Unlimited SWAPS
- Awareness of online and in-store inventory
- Able to navigate through RTR systems seamlessly
- Keep the store presentable and organized at all times through replenishing inventory, re-racking and maintaining cleanliness throughout the store
- Responsible for opening/closing the store
- Driving fitting room efficiencies
- Assisting with appointment calendar management
- Customer-Centric - guiding our customers through the RTR journey while listening to their needs, and communicating effectively with empathy.
- Problem Solver- making quick and impactful decisions in a fast paced environment that leads to positive end results.
- Dedicated - committed to RTR vision and mission, and providing the best experience possible for our customer.
- Resilient – honest and ethical in all interactions in and outside of the learning environment; uphold company values and policies; maintain the integrity of the content and delivery.
- Trusted Advisor - guiding our customers through the RTR journey while listening to their needs, and communicating effectively with an end goal of customer satisfaction.
- Innovator - using your imagination to create an ambiance that excites our customers each and every time they enter the store.
- Problem Solver- making quick and impactful decisions in a fast paced environment that lead to positive end results.
- Empathizer – able to see situations from the customer’s perspective and provide the best solutions that are aligned with Rent The Runway core values.
- At least 2+ years management experience in the retail, hospitality or any high touch customer experience business (depending upon the volume of the business) with a proven track record of successfully managing a team
- Training, interviewing, planning, organizational, and performance management skills.
- Technically savvy and proficiency with MS Office; Outlook, Excel, Word
- Strong analytical and communication skills - verbal and written
- Entrepreneurial mindset with the ability to react to business trends and identify areas of opportunity.
- Proven track record in attendance and performance
- Dedicated to high level of client service and revenue productivity
- Must be able to work while standing and walking and be able to lift approx 20 lbs
- Flexible schedule and ability to commit to a minimum of 45 hours per week including nights and weekends
At Rent the Runway, we’re committed to the happiness and wellbeing of our employees, and aim to create a workplace that fosters both personal and professional growth. Our benefits include, but are not limited to:
- Generous Paid Time Off including vacation, paid bereavement, and family sick leave - every employee needs time to take care of themselves and their family.
- Universal Paid Parental Leave for both parents + flexible return to work program - because we know your newest family member(s) deserve your undivided attention.
- Paid Sabbatical after 5 years of continuous service - Unplug, recharge, and have some fun!
- Comprehensive health, vision, dental, FSA and dependent care from day 1 of employment - Your health comes first and we’ve got you covered.
- Industry leading 401k match - an investment in your future.
Rent the Runway is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Rent the Runway does not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, age, non-disqualifying physical or mental disability, national origin, veteran status or any other basis covered by appropriate law. All employment is decided on the basis of qualifications, merit, and business need