Rent the Runway is transforming the way modern women get dressed and disrupting the $2.4 trillion global fashion industry by enabling women to rent, versus buy, clothing. Founded in 2009 with a vision to build the world’s first living closet, RTR believes that women everywhere will soon have a subscription to fashion. Rent the Runway has pioneered a new industry by transforming the traditional model of clothing consumption, making apparel rental an indispensable utility while also powering women to feel their best every day. RTR offers apparel, accessories and home decor from over 650 designer partners and has built in-house proprietary technology and a one-of-a-kind reverse logistics operation. Under CEO and Co-Founder Jennifer Hyman’s leadership, Rent the Runway has been named to CNBC’s “Disruptor 50” five times in ten years, and has been placed on Fast Company’s Most Innovative Companies list multiple times. RTR has five retail stores of the future, 11 million community members and employs nearly 1,800 people, all of whom have equal benefits across the organization, 93% of whom are female and/or non-white, with 80% of leaders who are women.
About the Team:
The IT Engineering team is a diverse group of technology professionals responsible for the infrastructure that powers Rent the Runway’s office locations, warehouses, retail stores, and drop box locations. You will be joining a strategic group that cross-functionally services the Rent the Runway business and partners with multiple departments across the entire enterprise. The IT Engineering team is helping the company achieve scale by enabling expansion to new sites, as well as driving efficiencies throughout IT processes.
About the Job:
The position of Network Architect will be the leader of Rent the Runway’s networking team and be accountable for the design, implementation, support, and strategic architecture vision for connectivity within the Rent the Runway WAN. Viewed as the subject matter expert for everything routing and switching and are passionate about the tech that they build and deploy.
What You'll Do:
- Lead the strategy and tactical execution of scaling, managing, optimizing RTR’s network design and architecture currently and the future.
- Hands-on configuration, availability, performance and security management of firewalls, VPNs, switches, Wi-Fi and all intra and inter site communication.
- Create/maintain/improve network support documentation and processes
- Analyze business requirements and translate them into actionable technical requirements.
- Serve as technical, engineering subject matter expert for a complex global network.
- Accountable for securing of RTR’s network well as collaboration with the security team and vendors on security tooling and incident response.
- Recommend and perform upgrades on network systems to ensure uptime
- Contribute to planning, testing and responding to Business Continuity and Disaster Recovery events
- Ensure the infrastructure is properly monitored within set thresholds and that alerts regarding network outages are addressed in a timely manner
- Troubleshoot and repair network-related problems, system failures, switching/routing, etc.
- Identify/diagnose network configuration and/or performance irregularities. Develop procedures to respond to these irregularities in a timely manner
- Provide timely issue resolutions by evaluating, tracking, escalating, managing of all requests/problems reported
- Collaborate with Operations staff and others as required to resolve infrastructure operations
- Bachelor's degree in a IT, CIS or related field.
- 3+ years as Lead Network Architect and hands-on Engineer
- 8+ years of related experience in mission critical network engineering with proven skills in design, development, and successful implementation of enterprise WANs (global)
- Experience with configuration and deployment of Juniper switches, routers, and firewalls (Palo Alto preferred)
- Extensive knowledge with configuring and managing exterior and interior routing protocols (e.g. BGP, OSPF, etc)
- Experience with configuration and operation of network and system monitoring software.
- Highly Proficient with DNS, DHCP, TCP/IP, SIP, Wireless, RFC, and ISO standards, etc.
- Strong attention to details with demonstrated trouble-shooting, documentation and analytical skills.
At Rent the Runway, we’re committed to the happiness and well-being of our employees, and aim to create a workplace that fosters both personal and professional growth. Our benefits include, but are not limited to:
- Generous Paid Time Off including vacation, paid bereavement, and family sick leave - every employee needs time to take care of themselves and their family.
- Universal Paid Parental Leave for both parents + flexible return to work program - because we know your newest family member(s) deserve your undivided attention.
- Paid Sabbatical after 5 years of continuous service - Unplug, recharge, and have some fun! .
- Comprehensive health, vision, dental, FSA and dependent care from day 1 of employment - Your health comes first and we’ve got you covered.
- Industry leading 401k match - an investment in your future.