About Rent the Runway:
Rent the Runway is transforming the way modern women get dressed and disrupting the $2.4 trillion global fashion industry by enabling women to rent, versus buy, clothing. Founded in 2009 with a vision to build the world’s first living closet, RTR believes that women everywhere will soon have a subscription to fashion. We’ve pioneered a new industry by transforming the traditional model of clothing consumption, making apparel rental an indispensable utility while also powering women to feel their best every day. RTR offers apparel, accessories and home decor from over 650 designer partners and has built in-house proprietary technology and a one-of-a-kind reverse logistics operation. Under CEO and Co-Founder Jennifer Hyman’s leadership, Rent the Runway has been named to CNBC’s “Disruptor 50” five times in ten years, and has been placed on Fast Company’s Most Innovative Companies list multiple times. RTR has five retail stores of the future, 11 million community members and employs nearly 1,800 people, all of whom have equal benefits across the organization, 93% of whom are female and/or non-white, with 80% of leaders who are women.
About the Job:
We are looking for an experienced, commercially minded, strategic Director of Accounts Payable & Corporate Expenses to help transform and scale these functions during the period of rapid business growth.
What You’ll Do:
- Oversee ongoing operations of the Accounts Payable team in a very fast paced, high volume, high growth, and high demand environment, which is in the process of transitioning from manual to automated processes
- Lead the team of 6 to 8, including an experienced AP Manager
- Review and approve large invoice and payment runs daily
- Act as a subject matter expert to strategically drive various transformation initiatives around system integrations, process automation, and scaling of AP processes
- Introduce and develop robust AP best practices to support the most efficient workflow while operating in a manual environment, and continue to scale the processes post automation
- Ensure that daily work is properly prioritized and addressed in a timely manner to avoid backlog and inefficiencies
- Lead and manage company-wide corporate T&E policies and practices
- Engage with external vendor(s) to implement more robust corporate expense management systems and tools
- Continuously develop and update internal compliance processes for corporate T&E expenses
- Lead the effort to transition and roll out new purchasing and corporate card programs across the company
- Act as a true business partner to various internal departments to ensure that our payment processes address their needs
- Manage the AP team to ensure that accounting closing deadlines are adhered to
- Provide input to the planning team around cash forecasts
- Provide support during annual and other audits, as required
- Mentor and develop the team, provide ongoing guidance and feedback
- You have a bachelors or higher degree in Accounting, Finance or Business Administration
- 10-15+ years of solid AP and T&E experience in a fast paced high volume environment is required, of which at least 5 years must be in a supervisory capacity
- Proven experience of creating process enhancement and implementing automated solutions
- Must possess an ability and a desire to work effectively in high demand and constantly changing environment
- Experience in consumer and/or e-commerce industries is highly preferred
- Able to influence at various levels and manage change effectively and cross-functionally across the organization
- Must be able to multi-task and identify any critical needs to be prioritized
- Strong work ethic and a can-do positive attitude are a must
- Must be a detail-oriented self-starter
- Able to effectively manage external parties during implementations
- Able to effectively manage and mentor the team
- Willing to help the broader accounting team with projects and requests as required
- Willing and able to work extra hours as needed
- Proficiency with Microsoft Excel is required
At Rent the Runway, we’re committed to the happiness and wellbeing of our employees, and aim to create a workplace that fosters both personal and professional growth. Our benefits include, but are not limited to:
- Generous Paid Time Off including vacation, paid bereavement, and family sick leave - every employee needs time to take care of themselves and their family.
- Universal Paid Parental Leave for both parents + flexible return to work program - because we know your newest family member(s) deserve your undivided attention.
- Paid Sabbatical after 5 years of continuous service - Unplug, recharge, and have some fun! .
- Comprehensive health, vision, dental, FSA and dependent care from day 1 of employment - Your health comes first and we’ve got you covered.
- Industry leading 401k match - an investment in your future.