Rent the Runway is transforming the way modern women get dressed and disrupting the $2.4 trillion global fashion industry by enabling women to rent, versus buy, clothing. Rent the Runway has pioneered a new industry by transforming the traditional model of clothing consumption, making apparel rental an indispensable utility while also powering women to feel their best every day. RTR offers apparel, accessories and home decor from over 650 designer partners and has built in-house proprietary technology and a one-of-a-kind reverse logistics operation. Under CEO and Co-Founder Jennifer Hyman’s leadership, Rent the Runway has been named to CNBC’s “Disruptor 50” five times in ten years, and has been placed on Fast Company’s Most Innovative Companies list multiple times.
About the Team:
Recognising Ireland’s significant technology talent, Rent the Runway aims to hire 150 engineers and tech developers over the next three years. Our team, based in the historic Claddagh area of Galway city centre, will tackle core technology challenges that are critical to Rent the Runway’s overall success and will influence the future of the next generation of services.
The centre in Galway is the first operation for Rent the Runway outside of the US. The new international office will enable the company to expand its engineering, product development, and Data Science footprint and Rent the Runway's Galway based employees have the opportunity to launch or grow their careers across a number of roles in Technology.
Our engineering team is smart, pragmatic, and entrepreneurial. We practice continuous integration & test-driven development, engage in constant peer code reviews & pair programming, and work hard to give back to the software community through open-source contributions.
About this Job:
We are continuously on the lookout for full stack developers who prioritise creativity and user experience alongside great code and curiosity. Your opinions on architecture and design are informed by your experience building applications supporting large user bases, but you’re still always open to learning more and working with a team to try new approaches and iterations on your features and products. Our full stack engineers can be found working on everything from website features that improve the experience of our customers to UIs in the systems used at our warehouse, in our retail locations, and by our customer support teams.
What You'll Do:
- Participate in all aspects of agile software development including design, implementation, and deployment
- Collaborate with designers and other teams to refine product features and brainstorm ideas
- Work with business stakeholders to identify software solutions to business challenges
- Write clean, testable, and efficient code
- An eye for responsive design and strong attention to detail
- Ability to pick up new tools and technologies as needed
- Experience working as part of a cross-functional development team
- Ability to prioritize important tasks
- Effective written and verbal communication skills
At Rent the Runway, we’re committed to the happiness and well-being of our employees, and aim to create a workplace that fosters both personal and professional growth. We have a competitive benefits package on offer for all our Ireland based employees which reflects our ethos and culture. Our benefits include, but are not limited to:
- Generous Paid Time Off including annual leave, paid bereavement, and family sick leave - every employee needs time to take care of themselves and their family.
- Universal Paid Parental Leave for both parents + flexible return to work program - because we know your newest family member(s) deserve your undivided attention.
- Paid Sabbatical after 5 years of continuous service - Unplug, recharge, and have some fun!
- Competitive Stakeholder Pension - taking care of your future.
- Comprehensive health, vision, and dental care from day 1 of employment - Your health comes first and we’ve got you covered.