Rent the Runway is transforming the way modern women get dressed and disrupting the $2.4 trillion global fashion industry by enabling women to rent, versus buy, clothing. Founded in 2009 with a vision to build the world’s first living closet, RTR believes that women everywhere will soon have a subscription to fashion. Rent the Runway has pioneered a new industry by transforming the traditional model of clothing consumption, making apparel rental an indispensable utility while also powering women to feel their best every day. RTR offers apparel, accessories and home decor from over 650 designer partners and has built in-house proprietary technology and a one-of-a-kind reverse logistics operation. Under CEO and Co-Founder Jennifer Hyman’s leadership, Rent the Runway has been named to CNBC’s “Disruptor 50” five times in ten years, and has been placed on Fast Company’s Most Innovative Companies list multiple times. RTR has five retail stores of the future, 11 million community members and employs nearly 1,800 people, all of whom have equal benefits across the organization, 93% of whom are female and/or non-white, with 80% of leaders who are women.
About the Team:
Recognising Ireland’s significant technology talent, Rent the Runway aims to hire 150 engineers and tech developers over the next three years. Our team, based in the historic Claddagh area of Galway city centre, will tackle core technology challenges that are critical to Rent the Runway’s overall success and will influence the future of the next generation of services.
The new international office in Galway will enable the company to expand its engineering, product development, and Data Science footprint and Rent the Runway Galway based employees will have the opportunity to launch or grow their careers across a number of roles in Technology. The centre in Galway will be the first operation for Rent the Runway outside of the US.
Our engineering team is smart, pragmatic, and entrepreneurial. We practice continuous integration & test-driven development, engage in constant peer code reviews & pair programming, and work hard to give back to the software community through open-source contributions.
About the Job:
As a Quality Engineer you will work directly with our software scrum teams to ensure we are moving quickly while delivering a great experience to our customers. You must have knowledge in software testing methodologies, automation best practices, and system development life cycle (SDLC). This position requires someone who has experience working with teams of engineers, is very detail oriented, and who understands infrastructure operations and application development methodologies.
You will design and write automated programs for functional testing, integration testing, performance testing, and sanity testing. After test phases, the engineer will be responsible for monitoring results, defect logging, and validation of defect fixes. You will also be responsible for creating a scalable and reusable automation framework that will be used by engineers across multiple teams. You’ll also collaborate with leads from across the engineering org to knowledge share best testing practices and deployment workflows.
What You’ll Do
- Mentor and knowledge share best testing practices with our engineering teams.
- Design, develop and maintain a scalable testing infrastructure for our service oriented architecture.
- Ensuring that delivery adheres to Testing Standards: that all changes have sufficient test coverage, with documented test cases and that those test cases are executed and defects fixed. Own and improve the test plans and automation tests;
- Involved in discussions with developers, QA analysts, business analysts and project managers and be responsible for progress/issue reporting
- Undertake QA activities (test planning and test execution)
- Ensure that all User Stories have well-documented User Acceptance Criteria, and that those tests are executed within the iteration cycle.
- Introduce new technologies related to automation
- 2+ years experience developing and building software automation systems
- Hands-on experience building quality backend and frontend test automation software (experience with Cypress.io, Cucumber, Capybara, Selenium, and/or Jenkins is a plus)
- Excellent problem solving ability
- Strong understanding of REST design principles and the HTTP application protocol
- Strong written and oral communication skills in English
- Experience in testing complex systems and business flows
- Consistently see the overall big picture situation rather than only focus on the details and specific tasks;
- Ability to thrive in a fast-paced environment and collaborate with other automation engineers
At Rent the Runway, we’re committed to the happiness and well-being of our employees, and aim to create a workplace that fosters both personal and professional growth. We have a competitive benefits package on offer for all our Ireland based employees which reflects our ethos and culture. Our benefits include, but are not limited to:
- Generous Paid Time Off including annual leave, paid bereavement, and family sick leave - every employee needs time to take care of themselves and their family.
- Universal Paid Parental Leave for both parents + flexible return to work program - because we know your newest family member(s) deserve your undivided attention.
- Paid Sabbatical after 5 years of continuous service - Unplug, recharge, and have some fun!
- Competitive Stakeholder Pension - taking care of your future.
- Comprehensive health, vision, and dental care from day 1 of employment - Your health comes first and we’ve got you covered.