Rent the Runway is transforming the way modern women get dressed and disrupting the $2.4 trillion global fashion industry by enabling women to rent, versus buy, clothing. Founded in 2009 with a vision to build the world’s first living closet, RTR believes that women everywhere will soon have a subscription to fashion. We’ve pioneered a new industry by transforming the traditional model of clothing consumption, making apparel rental an indispensable utility while also powering women to feel their best every day. RTR offers apparel, accessories and home decor from over 650 designer partners and has built in-house proprietary technology and a one-of-a-kind reverse logistics operation. Under CEO and Co-Founder Jennifer Hyman’s leadership, Rent the Runway has been named to CNBC’s “Disruptor 50” five times in ten years, and has been placed on Fast Company’s Most Innovative Companies list multiple times. RTR has five retail stores of the future, 11 million community members and employs nearly 1,800 people, all of whom have equal benefits across the organization, 93% of whom are female and/or non-white, with 80% of leaders who are women
About the Team:
5 sentence max: Overview of team and how it ties into the company mission and what makes it unique and exciting at RTR
Ex:The People team at RTR is responsible for just that, our people. We’re partners to the business and work to empower every team within our business to scale through the acquisition and development of our employees.
About the Job:
5 sentences max: Overview of team and role, and how it ties into the company mission.
Tip: People who work at technology companies are typically scrappy owners who like build things and solve problems. Make sure this comes out in your JD.
Ex: As the first program manager on the People team, the Senior Manager, Talent Programming will own projects and programs designed to scale and optimize our talent acquisition process, employer brand, onboarding, and college recruiting program. You’ll have the rare opportunity to build, rebuild, design and redesign, and collaborate with leaders across the organization to improve our hiring experience for both our candidates and internal teams during our fastest period of growth.
What You’ll Do:
No more than 10. Keep this action, project and goal oriented. This should not be a list of tasks
- Revamp our onboarding program to provide a personalized new hire experience
- Develop our employer branding strategy.
- Work with TA and HR leadership to optimize our processes, from awareness through onboarding.
(applicants should be able to identify with job descriptions, and see themselves in a role. Personalize this by putting a lot of “you” statements here")
- You want to understand our candidates and what they value, and develop the best way to speak to them about Rent the Runway.
- You love to automate systems and can teach your peers how to streamline their workflows.
- You have experience pulling and organizing data, and creating dashboards in Excel, Data Studio, or Tableau that make it easy for business leaders and recruiters to understand how they’re doing.
- You love creating, designing, redesigning, and testing programs, and are excited to get out of your comfort zone.
At Rent the Runway, we’re committed to the happiness and wellbeing of our employees, and aim to create a workplace that fosters both personal and professional growth. Our benefits include, but are not limited to:
- Generous Paid Time Off including vacation, paid bereavement, and family sick leave - every employee needs time to take care of themselves and their family.
- Universal Paid Parental Leave for both parents + flexible return to work program - because we know your newest family member(s) deserve your undivided attention.
- Paid Sabbatical after 5 years of continuous service - Unplug, recharge, and have some fun!
- Exclusive employee subscription and rental discounts - to ensure you experience the magic of renting the runway (and give us valued feedback!).
- Comprehensive health, vision, dental, FSA and dependent care from day 1 of employment - Your health comes first and we’ve got you covered.
- Industry leading 401k match - an investment in your future.
- Company wide events and outings - our team spirit is no joke - we know how to have fun!
Rent the Runway is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Rent the Runway does not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, age, non-disqualifying physical or mental disability, national origin, veteran status or any other basis covered by appropriate law. All employment is decided on the basis of qualifications, merit, and business need