Rent the Runway is transforming the way modern women get dressed and disrupting the $2.4 trillion global fashion industry by enabling women to rent, versus buy, clothing. Founded in 2009 with a vision to build the world’s first living closet, RTR believes that women everywhere will soon have a subscription to fashion. Rent the Runway has pioneered a new industry by transforming the traditional model of clothing consumption, making apparel rental an indispensable utility while also powering women to feel their best every day. RTR offers apparel, accessories and home decor from over 650 designer partners and has built in-house proprietary technology and a one-of-a-kind reverse logistics operation. Under CEO and Co-Founder Jennifer Hyman’s leadership, Rent the Runway has been named to CNBC’s “Disruptor 50” five times in ten years, and has been placed on Fast Company’s Most Innovative Companies list multiple times. RTR has five retail stores of the future, 11 million community members and employs nearly 1,800 people, all of whom have equal benefits across the organization, 93% of whom are female and/or non-white, with 80% of leaders who are women.
About the Team:
The Secaucus Dream Fulfillment Center is home to an impressive team of hard working people who are values-driven, dynamic, fast-paced, and operations obsessed. The team is comprised of about 50 leaders over 3 shifts up to 1,000 + non-exempt associates across Inbound, Outbound and Inventory Operations. While the team embodies diversity of thought, everyone is focused on delivering a Cinderella Experience to our customers with every shipment.
About the Job:
The General Manager is responsible for guiding and developing leadership by motivating, mentoring, and coaching. They are responsible for engaging total building across divisions, departments and shifts to maintain the highest levels of safety, production, cost and quality while ensuring a positive employee experience. As the General Manager, you will be a servant leader: diving in, rolling up your sleeves, supporting the growth and development of the team, and dedication to the success of your team.
What You’ll Do:
- Responsible for developing and leading a high functioning team that is connected to our company's vision.
- Actively lead with safety, service, quality and cost at the forefront of all decision making
- Establish and meet KPIs for the entire building
- Build strong teams and create programs/plans to improve all metrics across departments
- Drive strategic labor planning and forecasting across the building ensuring alignment to variable cost plans
- Develop and administer operational procedures, precisely executing activities for shipments, handling and disposition of products, and keeping the highest standards of inventory accuracy
- Develop and manage effective partnerships throughout all levels of the organization to understand weekly and daily targets and establish and execute clear plans and roadmaps to consistently meet target goals
- Adapt building layout, equipment, shift schedules, and headcount plans to address growth in volume and changing assortment objectives
- Attract and hire top talent--partnering with the People team to develop a strategic vision and talent plan for attracting, hiring and developing talent to meet your org’s talent goals
- Create and promote a culture of continuous improvement and empower associates to propose and implement solutions to decrease costs and improve efficiency
- Be well versed in the order flow process and all systems involved in end to end customer order fulfillment
- Be able to lead teams through complex problems by breaking down problems into clear and actionable items
- B.S. degree in business administration, manufacturing, supply chain or related field; MBA is a plus
- 8 - 10 years of related experience working in a retail management, warehouse, fulfillment center or quality assurance capacity
- Proven track record of exceptional leadership and employee development
- Experience developing budgets, managing P&L, forecasting staffing needs, analyzing financial/operational data and translate data into actionable information to drive results
- Forward-thinker with sharp analytic skills and the ability to articulate point of view, develop systems/plans, and improve processes across the organization
- Have a positive, “can-do” attitude and excellent interpersonal skills
At Rent the Runway, we’re committed to the happiness and well-being of our employees and aim to create a workplace that fosters both personal and professional growth. Our benefits include, but are not limited to:
- Generous Paid Time Off including vacation, paid bereavement, and family sick leave - every employee needs time to take care of themselves and their family.
- Universal Paid Parental Leave for both parents + flexible return to work program - because we know your newest family member(s) deserve your undivided attention.
- Paid Sabbatical after 5 years of continuous service - Unplug, recharge, and have some fun!
- Comprehensive health, vision, dental, FSA and dependent care from day 1 of employment - Your health comes first and we’ve got you covered.
- Industry leading 401k match - an investment in your future.
- Many other amazing perks!