At Rent the Runway, our mission is to make women feel empowered and self-confident every single day by combining best in class technology, logistics, and customer service. Since our launch in 2009, we’ve developed proprietary technology, a one-of-a-kind reverse logistics operation, stores of the future, a viral brand, relationships with hundreds of fashion designers - and we are passionate about continuing to innovate our customer experience. We have pioneered the closet in the cloud and believe that every person globally will soon have a subscription to fashion. We are proud to be both a profitable and fast-growing business, with a loyal 11 million members who believe that rental is the future.
The Manager is responsible for guiding and developing teams by motivating, mentoring, and coaching. They are responsible for engaging their team during a shift to maintain the highest levels of safety, production, cost and quality while maintaining a positive employee experience. Managers are servant leaders; dive in, roll up your sleeves to help in any situation, make tools available, remove obstacles for associates to excel in their roles, haveempathy and compassion for associates, and the passion and leadership to stand up for them when the time arises.
3RD SHIFT IS FROM MIDNIGHT TO 9:30AM
- Maintain strong working knowledge of all processes and policies
- Actively lead with safety, production, cost and quality at the forefront of all decision making
- Establish and meet KPIs
- Be patient, have strong communication skills and the capability of giving and receiving effective feedback including disciplinary action conversations
- Recruit, screen and select talent at Associate and Team Lead levels
- Implement weekly schedule and manage labor budget
- Ownership and accountability for Team Leads and their execution
- Communicate cross departmentally
- Focus on team and department growth and development
- Design, implement and monitor continuous improvement processes for the team
- Oversee overall productivity of department and workflow
- Be the primary point of contact for team of Associates and Team Leads
- Be comfortable speaking in front of groups of all sizes
- Lead teams through change and embrace continuous improvement
- Partner with Trainers and Team Leads to develop, maintain and apply learning tools
- Communicate feedback to better the operation and the employee experience
- Enforce safety guidelines, cleanliness and security standards
- 3 to 12 years experience leading people and teams
- Capable of making decisions independently
- Have a positive, “can-do” attitude and excellent interpersonal skills
- Ability to work flex shifts, hours, nights and weekends as business dictates
- Strong written and verbal communication; bilingual in Spanish is a plus
- Intermediate to advanced computer skills (eg. spreadsheet software, powerpoint/slides) as well as the ability to operate warehouse tools (eg. scanner, ladder, warehouse software)
- Forward-thinkers with the ability to articulate point of view and improve processes
- Ability to quickly recognize, diagnose and solve for challenges and workflow for associates
- Must operate with a sense of urgency and have attention to detail
- Align with the company's Core Values to ensure a world class customer experience
- Ability to lift up to a maximum of 50 lbs based on needs of the role
At Rent the Runway, we’re committed to the happiness and wellbeing of our employees, and aim to create a workplace that fosters both personal and professional growth. Our benefits include, but are not limited to:
- Generous Paid Time Off including vacation, paid bereavement, and family sick leave - every employee needs time to take care of themselves and their family.
- Universal Paid Parental Leave for both parents + flexible return to work program - because we know your newest family member(s) deserve your undivided attention.
- Paid Sabbatical after 5 years of continuous service - Unplug, recharge, and have some fun!
- Exclusive employee subscription and rental discounts - to ensure you experience the magic of renting the runway (and give us valued feedback!).
- Comprehensive health, vision, dental, FSA and dependent care from day 1 of employment - Your health comes first and we’ve got you covered.
- Industry leading 401k match - an investment in your future.
- Company wide events and outings - our team spirit is no joke - we know how to have fun!
Rent the Runway is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Rent the Runway does not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, age, non-disqualifying physical or mental disability, national origin, veteran status or any other basis covered by appropriate law. All employment is decided on the basis of qualifications, merit, and business need.