Rent the Runway is transforming the way modern women get dressed and disrupting the $2.4 trillion global fashion industry by enabling women to rent, versus buy, clothing. Founded in 2009 with a vision to build the world’s first living closet, RTR believes that women everywhere will soon have a subscription to fashion. By creating a new model of dynamic ownership, RTR has made apparel rental an indispensable utility while also powering women to feel their best every day. RTR offers apparel, accessories and home decor from over 650 designer partners and has built in-house proprietary technology and a one-of-a-kind reverse logistics operation. Under CEO and Co-Founder Jennifer Hyman’s leadership, Rent the Runway has been named to CNBC’s “Disruptor 50” five times in ten years, and has been placed on Fast Company’s Most Innovative Companies list multiple times. RTR has five retail stores of the future, 11 million community members and employs nearly 1,800 people, all of whom have equal benefits across the organization, 93% of whom are female and/or non-white, with 80% of leaders who are women.
About the Team:
The Retail Training team creates and delivers all training for employees working in frontline roles with our customer. You’ll work with team leaders and department stakeholders to develop learning curriculum to ensure all employees are set up for success within their designated role and beyond! With our ever growing and evolving business, you’ll be responsible for the ongoing innovation of our training program, aimed to make our learning experience engaging and unforgettable as the team continues to scale.
About the Job:
As the Retail Trainer, you will add to and iterate on the current design of our training program for retail stores, targeting learning objectives and selecting innovative training methods aimed to equip all hires with their required job competencies and future growth within our company. You will continually evaluate the overall effectiveness of the learning experience to gauge material comprehension, participant engagement, and facilitator adeptness, and conduct frequent material audits to ensure the most relevant and accurate information is covered.
What You’ll Do:
- Responsible for the creation, innovation, and ongoing development of training materials with the goal of driving engagement, increasing retention, emphasizing best-in-class service, and igniting brand devotion amongst employees.
- Implement effective and purposeful training methods designed to achieve maximum knowledge retention & boost employee performance (ex. eLearning, virtual, video demos, tutorials, role-playing, group discussions, etc.).
- Work closely with internal departmental stakeholders to understand key business objectives, product launches, new developments etc. and consistently translate these into tactical training materials.
- Evaluate and analyze all training modules for effectiveness, and iterate as needed.
- Conduct training and department operational audits to identify gaps and correct deficiencies.
- Utilize various tools to maintain consistent post training follow-ups with all participants, focusing on gathering insights around material performance by utilizing various methods (ex. Google form, email, check-ins, etc.).
- Actively spend time in the stores, observing operational processes, system challenges, customer interactions, etc. in order to assess training opportunities.
- Analyze retention and brainstorm initiatives to reduce turnover.
- Ensure all material remains current through all business process updates.
- Research and keep current on the latest training trends, design, methodology and best practices.
- Minimal travel required- up to 15%
- Dedicated – desire to possess a deep knowledge of RTR’s business model, vision and mission.
- Inquisitive – passion for continuous learning and self-improvement, has an inherent need to share information + knowledge.
- Communicator – ability to effectively convey messaging to diverse group of individuals with different learning styles.
- Resilient – honest and ethical in all interactions in and outside of the learning environment; uphold company values and policies; maintain the integrity of the content and delivery.
- Innovator – think up new and creative ways to deliver training material to maximize information retention and drives passion for learning long term.
- BA/BS Degree
- 2+ years experience in Training / Learning & Development/ Organizational Development
- 1+ years experience of instructional design and facilitation in a customer service-driven environment
- Experience with Learning Management Systems (LMS) required
- Knowledge of Workday LMS a plus
- Experience with eLearning platforms a plus
- Experience in a retail/start up environment a plus
- Very strong attention to detail
- Strong verbal and written communication skills
- Demonstrate a positive attitude and enthusiastic demeanor
- Must work well with others and thrive in a team environment
- Technically savvy and proficiency with MS Office and G Suite apps
At Rent the Runway, we’re committed to the happiness and well-being of our employees, and aim to create a workplace that fosters both personal and professional growth. Our benefits include, but are not limited to:
- Generous Paid Time Off including vacation, paid bereavement, and family sick leave - every employee needs time to take care of themselves and their family.
- Universal Paid Parental Leave for both parents + flexible return to work program - because we know your newest family member(s) deserve your undivided attention.
- Paid Sabbatical after 5 years of continuous service - Unplug, recharge, and have some fun!
- Comprehensive health, vision, dental, FSA and dependent care from day 1 of employment - Your health comes first and we’ve got you covered.
- Industry leading 401k match - an investment in your future.
- Many other amazing perks!
Rent the Runway is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Rent the Runway does not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, age, non-disqualifying physical or mental disability, national origin, veteran status or any other basis covered by appropriate law. All employment is decided on the basis of qualifications, merit, and business need