At Rent the Runway, our mission is to make women feel empowered and self-confident every single day by combining best in class technology, logistics, and customer service. Since our launch in 2009, we’ve developed proprietary technology, a one-of-a-kind reverse logistics operation, stores of the future, a viral brand, relationships with hundreds of fashion designers - and we are passionate about continuing to innovate our customer experience. We have pioneered the closet in the cloud and believe that every person globally will soon have a subscription to fashion. We are proud to be both a profitable and fast-growing business, with a loyal 10 million members who believe that rental is the future.
About the Team:
The Logistics team at RTR is responsible for expanding and developing our drop-box network nation-wide, as well as managing partnerships with our shipping vendor. This team has the direct opportunity to scale the Cinderella experience of our customers.
About the Job:
The Manager, Logistics is an entrepreneurial minded, driven individual who will play a key role in the development and management of Rent the Runway’s shipping network. The ideal candidate will provide timely, rigorous analysis in support of shipping cost optimization, carrier rate negotiations, financial performance, budgeting and other activities. He or she will also develop a sophisticated set of performance indicators to monitor how well RTR’s network and carriers are succeeding at providing an unparalleled delivery experience to each customer.
This role will support the logistics team by identifying optimization opportunities, evaluating proposed changes to network design, preparing ROI models and other materials needed to secure leadership approvals. The Manager, Logistics must be comfortable working closely with internal analytics, operations and engineering teams as well as being the primary day-to-day point of contact for external vendors who support the work of the transportation team. This individual should also be prepared to contribute to broader analytical projects across the operation. Cross-team coordination, project management and communication skills are absolutely essential.
What You’ll Do:
- Lead financial and performance analysis for RTR’s multi-carrier, multi-node transportation network.
- Synthesize data from internal systems and third parties to provide a timely, accurate and detailed view of the performance of RTR’s network.
- Develop a strong point of view on the roadmap for RTR’s transportation analytics, audit and business intelligence strategy, including functions that we should own internally vs. outsourcing. Be prepared to partner with stakeholders from analytics, data engineering, finance and tech to execute against this vision.
- Build dashboards to monitor key performance indicators, anticipating business needs and issues.
- Own the transportation budget, working with the FP&A team to provide accurate inputs into all company-level forecasting; support the accounting team to ensure timely close of monthly financial statements.
- Conduct weekly, quarterly and annual reporting on financial and service level performance of the transportation network as whole and individual carriers, identifying the root causes of any deviations from plan and proposing corrective actions as appropriate.
- Oversee carrier contract management and shipping invoice audit.
- Engage in carrier rate proposal analysis and other negotiation support.
- Act as an internal advocate for high standards of data integrity, ensuring supporting metrics are accurate and complete.
- 2-5 years of small parcel logistics analytics or major shipping carrier experience
- Bachelor’s or Master’s degree in a supply chain or quantitative discipline or work within a major shipping carrier
- Proven analytical and quantitative skills and an ability to use data and metrics to back up assumptions, develop business cases, and complete root cause analyses
- Ability to communicate clearly and concisely with technical and non-technical teams across multiple businesses; written, verbal, presentation, and interpersonal skills
- Ability to work effectively as an individual and part of a team, meet tight deadlines and prioritize workloads in a fast-paced environment
- Strategic thinker with the ability to see/understand the big picture, develop new ideas and think through creative solutions
- Exceptional attention to detail and excellent problem-solving skills
- Demonstrated ability to build strong relationships with internal and external partners
- Proficiency in financial analysis and model building using MS Excel
- Proficiency in SQL and at least one data visualization tool (e.g., Tableau, Looker, Power BI)
- Knowledge of programming languages including Microsoft Excel VBA and python is a plus
At Rent the Runway, we’re committed to the happiness and wellbeing of our employees, and aim to create a workplace that fosters both personal and professional growth. Our benefits include, but are not limited to:
- Generous Paid Time Off including vacation, paid bereavement, and family sick leave - every employee needs time to take care of themselves and their family.
- Universal Paid Parental Leave for both parents + flexible return to work program - because we know your newest family member(s) deserve your undivided attention.
- Paid Sabbatical after 5 years of continuous service - Unplug, recharge, and have some fun!
- Exclusive employee subscription and rental discounts - to ensure you experience the magic of renting the runway (and give us valued feedback!).
- Comprehensive health, vision, dental, FSA and dependent care from day 1 of employment - Your health comes first and we’ve got you covered.
- Industry leading 401k match - an investment in your future.
- Company wide events and outings - our team spirit is no joke - we know how to have fun!
Rent the Runway is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Rent the Runway does not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, age, non-disqualifying physical or mental disability, national origin, veteran status or any other basis covered by appropriate law. All employment is decided on the basis of qualifications, merit, and business need