About Rent the Runway:
At Rent the Runway, our mission is to make women feel empowered and self-confident every single day by combining best in class technology, logistics, and customer service. Since our launch in 2009, we’ve developed proprietary technology, a one-of-a-kind reverse logistics operation, stores of the future, a viral brand, relationships with hundreds of fashion designers - and we are passionate about continuing to innovate our customer experience. We have pioneered the closet in the cloud and believe that every person globally will soon have a subscription to fashion. We are proud to be both a profitable and fast-growing business, with 11 million members of our community who believe that rental is the future.
About the Team:
The IT team at Rent The Runway is a fun and hardworking team. We support all of the internal teams within the company and provide the best in class customer service. The IT team is close knit, innovative, collaborative and focused on delivering excellent service to our customers.
About the Role:
The IT Lead is a key role for a person that is self managed and a natural leader. In this role, you will be expected to manage the work coming into the service desk as well as the specialists within your location. The ideal candidate is organized, articulate, a go getter, negotiator, liaison and a people person. This person is both technical as well as customer service oriented. This role sits onsite at our office adjacent to our warehouse facility in Seacaucus, NJ.
What You’ll do:
- Manage the flow of day to day IT operations
- Mentor, train and lead the IT support team
- Maintain key metrics and reporting that show progress and performance and report out to other teams and management
- Work with Operations teams for continuous IT process improvements
- Collaborate with team members to improve process efficiencies. Design, optimize and document new processes and workflows to ensure our customers have an excellent experience
- Coordinate project activities with an emphasis on quality and meeting timelines
- Technical liaison between IT Engineer, Software Developers and Operations team
- Provide support during system upgrades and installations
- Facilitate end user training for IT related changes
- Create, update, and follow documentation for IT services
- IT hardware and software inventory management
- Evaluate new technology
- Manage IT vendors onsite -
- After hours and some weekend work are expected as required by business needs
- 7+ years of experience working in an IT Support function working closely with end users to resolve issues
- Bachelor degree in Information Systems or equivalent experience
- Excellent communication skills both written and oral, with the ability to explain complex issues easily understood by non-technical persons
- Support experience for a technology company
- Warehouse support experience
- Experience with automated management and deployment (SCCM, Casper Suite/Jamf)
- Scripting (Powershell) knowledge
- AD Management and Group Policy knowledge
- Extensive hardware knowledge including a variety of HID devices including: thermal printers, imagers and scanners
- Strong knowledge of Microsoft/Apple/Desktop and Server Operating systems. (Win7/10, Windows 2012 R2, OSX)
- Fully adept with Microsoft Office suite and G Suite
- Understanding of network infrastructure such as routers, firewalls, switches
- TCP/UDP/IP/SIP/SSH/Telnet/FTP knowledge
- You are team-oriented and able to self-manage
- You have excellent multi-tasking skills
- You take initiative and acts independently to resolve problems
- You have the ability to manage multiple priorities and follow through on projects to completion
- You demonstrate analytical, troubleshooting, and research skills with the ability to take responsibility and ownership
- You are possess strong mobile and smart device support skills
At Rent the Runway, we’re committed to the happiness and wellbeing of our employees, and aim to create a workplace that fosters both personal and professional growth. Our benefits include, but are not limited to:
- Generous Paid Time Off including vacation, paid bereavement, and family sick leave - every employee needs time to take care of themselves and their family.
- Universal Paid Parental Leave for both parents + flexible return to work program - because we know your newest family member(s) deserve your undivided attention.
- Paid Sabbatical after 5 years of continuous service - Unplug, recharge, and have some fun!
- Exclusive employee subscription and rental discounts - to ensure you experience the magic of renting the runway (and give us valued feedback!).
- Comprehensive health, vision, dental, FSA and dependent care from day 1 of employment - Your health comes first and we’ve got you covered.
- Industry leading 401k match - an investment in your future.
- Company wide events and outings - our team spirit is no joke - we know how to have fun!
Rent the Runway is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Rent the Runway does not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, age, non-disqualifying physical or mental disability, national origin, veteran status or any other basis covered by appropriate law. All employment is decided on the basis of qualifications, merit, and business need