At Rent the Runway, our mission is to make women feel empowered and self-confident every single day by combining best in class technology, logistics, and customer service. Since our launch in 2009, we’ve developed proprietary technology, a one-of-a-kind reverse logistics operation, stores of the future, a viral brand, relationships with hundreds of fashion designers - and we are passionate about continuing to innovate our customer experience. We have pioneered the closet in the cloud and believe that every person globally will soon have a subscription to fashion. We are proud to be both a profitable and fast-growing business, with a loyal 10 million members who believe that rental is the future.
About the Job:
The DFC Operations Coordinator is responsible for managing the workflow assignments for a specific department within a fulfillment and distribution environment while driving a positive employee experience.
What You’ll Do:
- Maintain strong working knowledge of all processes and continue the onboarding process and ramp-up period post training for associates.
- Assist Operations Managers with the assignment of daily work responsibilities including allocating labor, leading shift start-up meetings and communicating with other departments.
- Quickly recognize, diagnose and solve for workflow challenges for associates and partner with leadership to resolve issues.
- Monitor daily attendance and break periods and escalate to the Operations Manager as needed for corrective action.
- Tracking and reporting of labor hours and UPH.
- Verifying SOP/PMV compliance for assigned department.
- Filling in as needed with hourly associate DFC department duties.
- Assisting with keeping work area clean and organized.
- Identifying and addressing safety hazards within work area and coaching associates to work safely.
- Participating in safety initiatives and escalating all safety violations as needed to Operations Manager and Safety Manager.
- Take on additional duties as assigned by leadership
- Must operate with a sense of urgency and have attention to detail.
- Align with the company's core values to ensure a world class Cinderella experience for RTR associates and customers.
- Preferred: Education beyond high school and prior experience leading teams.
- Positive “can-do” attitude with excellent interpersonal skills.
- Demonstrated problem solving and analytical skills.
- Demonstrated written and verbal communication skills across multiple levels.
- Intermediate computer skills (eg. spreadsheet software) as well as the ability to operate warehouse tools (eg. scanner, ladder, warehouse software).
- Ability to work flex shifts, hours, nights and weekends as the business dictates.
- Ability to lift a maximum of 50lbs based on needs of the role.
At Rent the Runway, we’re committed to the happiness and wellbeing of our employees, and aim to create a workplace that fosters both personal and professional growth. Our benefits include, but are not limited to:
- Generous Paid Time Off including vacation, paid bereavement, and family sick leave - every employee needs time to take care of themselves and their family.
- Universal Paid Parental Leave for both parents + flexible return to work program - because we know your newest family member(s) deserve your undivided attention.
- Paid Sabbatical after 5 years of continuous service - Unplug, recharge, and have some fun!
- Exclusive employee subscription and rental discounts - to ensure you experience the magic of renting the runway (and give us valued feedback!).
- Comprehensive health, vision, dental, FSA and dependent care from day 1 of employment - Your health comes first and we’ve got you covered.
- Industry leading 401k match - an investment in your future.
- Company wide events and outings - our team spirit is no joke - we know how to have fun!
Rent the Runway is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Rent the Runway does not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, age, non-disqualifying physical or mental disability, national origin, veteran status or any other basis covered by appropriate law. All employment is decided on the basis of qualifications, merit, and business need