At Rent the Runway, our mission is to make women feel empowered and self-confident every single day by combining best in class technology, logistics, and customer service. Since our launch in 2009, we’ve developed proprietary technology, a one-of-a-kind reverse logistics operation, stores of the future, a viral brand, relationships with hundreds of fashion designers - and we are passionate about continuing to innovate our customer experience. We have pioneered the closet in the cloud and believe that every person globally will soon have a subscription to fashion. We are proud to be both a profitable and fast-growing business, with 11 million members of our community who believe that rental is the future.
About the Job:
We are looking for a creative, resourceful Video Editor who is a storytelling expert that can conceive and execute compelling, short and long form video content. The ideal candidate is proficient in all aspects of post-production and has the ability to translate footage in creative ways, using high-quality video, motion graphics and a wide range of editing techniques. A strong work ethic, the ability to work efficiently in a fast paced environment, and a positive attitude are all necessities.
What You’ll Do:
- Edit short-form videos from scratch for our various channels (on-site, paid social and display, email and other owned channels), using impeccable creative instincts and industry best practices
- Drive all aspects of the video post-production process -- from ingesting footage following a shoot, to creating multiple edits for various outlets, to exporting for final delivery
- Develop motion graphics for titles, lower thirds, and end cards
- Manage video workflow across formats, locations, and delivery stages, collaborating with Video Producer as needed
- Must be a self-starting idea generator who is excited about trying new techniques and breaking the mold.
- Is willing to observe flexible working hours in order to meet tight deadlines when needed
- You are excited to form an integral part of a growing team of talented creatives powering the future of the RTR brand look and feel
- You have a bachelor’s Degree in Film, Photography or equivalent
- You have 3+ years of video editing experience
- Strong attention to detail and an eye for quality
- Experience editing in the digital space for web, retail and social distribution
- Ability to both give and take direction
- Ability to work effectively and efficiently in order to meet deadlines
- You have a strong experience developing assets for Paid Media, particularly for Paid Instagram, Facebook and YouTube.
- You are an expert in digital technology and editing software packages (e.g. Lightworks, Final Cut Pro, Premiere Pro, After Effects, Adobe Creative Suite)
- You have extensive knowledge of color grading and excellent sense of pace and timing
- You have experience working within tight deadlines while maintaining collaborative spirit and high quality output
- You gave the ability to turn around same-day edits and handle multiple projects simultaneously, as needed
- You are an open mind, strong work ethic and great verbal and written communication skills
- You have experience working with different ad formats, conversion tactics and creative advertising principles a plus.
- You ideally have experience in fashion and/or lifestyle
- You have onset DIT experience
- You have knowledge and appreciation of the Rent the Runway brand
- You have the ability to shoot and produce smaller scale projects / see a video project through from concept through post-production
- You have experience with motion tracking, blurring, screen replacements and object removal
At Rent the Runway, we’re committed to the happiness and well-being of our employees, and aim to create a workplace that fosters both personal and professional growth. Our benefits include, but are not limited to:
- Generous Paid Time Off including vacation, paid bereavement, and family sick leave - every employee needs time to take care of themselves and their family.
- Universal Paid Parental Leave for both parents + flexible return to work program - because we know your newest family member(s) deserve your undivided attention.
- Paid Sabbatical after 5 years of continuous service - Unplug, recharge, and have some fun!
- Comprehensive health, vision, dental, FSA and dependent care from day 1 of employment - Your health comes first and we’ve got you covered.
- Industry leading 401k match - an investment in your future.
- Many other amazing perks!