At Rent the Runway, our mission is to make women feel empowered and self-confident every single day by combining best in class technology, logistics, and customer service. Since our launch in 2009, we’ve developed proprietary technology, a one-of-a-kind reverse logistics operation, stores of the future, a viral brand, relationships with hundreds of fashion designers - and we are passionate about continuing to innovate our customer experience. We have pioneered the closet in the cloud and believe that every person globally will soon have a subscription to fashion. We are proud to be both a profitable and fast-growing business, with a loyal 11 million members who believe that rental is the future.
About the Team:
Customer Experience lives and breathes our mission of empowering our customers to feel amazing. The Billing team works directly with customers on a wide variety of situations, all while delivering a positive experience and representing the Rent the Runway brand. From transaction processing to fraud investigation, we’re ready to help with anything. As part of the Customer Experience team, we are at the heart of the business and have a major impact on our continued success.
About the Job:
As a Billing Associate III, you will be focused on supporting our Customer Experience, Finance and Security teams. You’ll lead customer payment investigations and creatively solve for sensitive billing issues. In addition to interacting with customers, you will also analyze customer activity and leverage detection tools to prevent fraudulent activity. You will work with internal teams to take third party action when needed. To be successful in this role, you must simultaneously balance financial recovery and customer experience.
What You’ll Do:
- Identify potential fraudulent activity on new/existing customer accounts using various tools and reports
- Support the build out of our fraud prevention tools and reporting, working with internal stakeholders and third parties
- Create, document, and train the team on CX fraud escalation procedures
- Document and respond to failed customer payments, including chargebacks for payments
- Thoroughly research incidents and/or allegations and interact with other departments and third parties to escalate and investigate where necessary
- Share customer feedback and information with key stakeholders and leadership in order to continuously improve and evolve the customer experience
- Support overall customer experience team goals and contribute to an empathic, positive and energetic team culture
- Troubleshoot and resolve customer issues with the utmost care and respect by listening to their problems and offering creative resolutions
- Proven track record of handling complex and high-risk situations relating to billing and financial investigation
- Strong collaboration skills and ability to work well under ambiguous conditions
- Interest in fraud management and regulatory requirements, as well as industry outlook
- Articulate and comfortable communicating with customers in sensitive situations
- Ability to juggle multiple priorities at a time, and meet deadlines in a fast-paced environment
- Experience with Tableau, ThreatMetrix, and Castle preferred; experience with Kustomer is a plus
- Bachelor’s Degree in Accounting, Business Administration, Fraud Management, or 2+ years in a fraud, risk prevention, or internal audit role role
- 5+ years of experience in billing, collections or payment security
- Certified Fraud Examiner (CFE) and/or Certified Financial Crime Specialist (CFCS) preferred
Rent the Runway is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Rent the Runway does not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, age, non-disqualifying physical or mental disability, national origin, veteran status or any other basis covered by appropriate law. All employment is decided on the basis of qualifications, merit, and business need