About Rent the Runway:
At Rent the Runway, our mission is to make women feel empowered and self-confident every single day by combining best in class technology, logistics, and customer service. Since our launch in 2009, we’ve developed proprietary technology, a one-of-a-kind reverse logistics operation, stores of the future, a viral brand, relationships with hundreds of fashion designers - and we are passionate about continuing to innovate our customer experience. We have pioneered the closet in the cloud and believe that every person globally will soon have a subscription to fashion. We are proud to be both a profitable and fast-growing business, with 11 million members of our community who believe that rental is the future.
About the Job:
We are looking for a motivated accounting/accounts payable professional with the proven ability to pioneer change and motivate cross-functional teams. This position will be responsible for ensuring appropriate accounting of all AP expenditures, as well as scaling corporate and purchasing card programs and company-wide T&E expense management. The ideal candidate is a self-starter, goal oriented, results driven, and highly organized. This person will also possess excellent communications skills, coupled with the ability to multi-task in a fast paced, high volume environment.
What You’ll Do:
- Review and sign off on large daily invoice posting batches from the accounts payable team to ensure appropriate general ledger coding and use tax treatment
- Review daily payment runs for proper authorizations and banking instructions
- Work very closely with the AP Manager to help in adding efficiencies and scaling daily processes
- Partner on all initiatives involving automation and ERP enhancements around accounts payable function, specifically as they relate to general ledger coding and classifications
- Partner with the Tax Director to ensure compliance with use tax rules in various states, as applicable
- Partner with FP&A team to aid in preparation of working capital projections
- Take ownership and provide direct leadership over the areas of T&E expense management, corporate and purchasing card programs and administration, including policies, limit reviews and ongoing monitoring
- Act as a subject matter expert on corporate expense management best practices
- Liaise with the expense management software company (Concur) to continuously enhance the system and scale internal processes
- Partner with the department heads to review and monitor their respective T&E spend
- Provide audit support throughout the year, as required
- Support with various related ad hoc requests and cross-functional projects, as the business scales and as needed
- You have a Bachelors or higher degree in Accounting or Finance
- You have a minimum of 8 years of progressive experience overseeing the areas of AP Accounting, AP and expense management preferably in a scaling, high growth environment
- You have experience from retail/e-commerce/consumer industries would be a strong preference
- You have a proven record and desire to work effectively in a fast-paced, demanding, and evolving environment
- You’re a doer, whom is able and willing to roll up the sleeves and get into details
- You love to multi-task and recognize how critical is to prioritize
- You are able to communicate effectively with various levels in the organization and with external parties
- You develop connections and relationships with outside vendors and internal partners
- You have a strong work ethic and a can-do positive attitude are a must
At Rent the Runway, we’re committed to the happiness and well being of our employees, and aim to create a workplace that fosters both personal and professional growth. Our benefits include, but are not limited to:
- Generous Paid Time Off including vacation, paid bereavement, and family sick leave - every employee needs time to take care of themselves and their family.
- Universal Paid Parental Leave for both parents + flexible return to work program - because we know your newest family member(s) deserve your undivided attention.
- Paid Sabbatical after 5 years of continuous service - Unplug, recharge, and have some fun! .
- Comprehensive health, vision, dental, FSA and dependent care from day 1 of employment - Your health comes first and we’ve got you covered.
- Industry leading 401k match - an investment in your future.