Rent the Runway is transforming the way modern women get dressed and disrupting the $2.4 trillion global fashion industry by enabling women to rent, versus buy, clothing. Founded in 2009 with a vision to build the world’s first living closet, RTR believes that women everywhere will soon have a subscription to fashion. Rent the Runway has pioneered a new industry by transforming the traditional model of clothing consumption, making apparel rental an indispensable utility while also powering women to feel their best every day. RTR offers apparel, accessories and home decor from over 650 designer partners and has built in-house proprietary technology and a one-of-a-kind reverse logistics operation. Under CEO and Co-Founder Jennifer Hyman’s leadership, Rent the Runway has been named to CNBC’s “Disruptor 50” five times in ten years, and has been placed on Fast Company’s Most Innovative Companies list multiple times. RTR has five retail stores of the future, 11 million community members and employs nearly 1,800 people, all of whom have equal benefits across the organization, 93% of whom are female and/or non-white, with 80% of leaders who are women.
About the Team:
Our Mobile Engineering squad sits within our Consumer Engineering team located onsite at our NYC HQ. They are smart, pragmatic, and entrepreneurial. We practice continuous integration & test-driven development, engage in constant peer code reviews & pair programming, and work hard to give back to the software community through open-source contributions.
About the Job:
At Rent the Runway, you will architect, design, develop, deploy and operate iOS applications that are used daily by our passionate members. You‘ll be the technical leader for a department, contributing hands-on in a team, while leading technical projects spanning multiple teams. We are looking for someone who can drive development and delivery, architecture & evangelize best practices in mobile. We believe that every person deserves a “Cinderella” experience, whether they are a first time user or monthly subscriber. Many of our millions of members have used Rent the Runway for the most important events in their lives, and in the process, we are changing the meaning of ownership and revolutionizing retail.
What You'll Do:
- Drive technical projects to success and provide leadership in a fast-paced, startup environment
- Take responsibility for the overall planning, execution and success of our Mobile Strategic initiatives
- Work closely with cross-functional teams across Engineering, Product, Analytics, Marketing, Creative, and Design
- Contribute technically to projects by being a hands-on coder and removing roadblocks
- Lead prioritization efforts, contribute to future roadmaps, and provide mentorship to others
- Drive continuous improvement for the release process
- Deeply care about the happiness and careers of others
- BA/BS in Computer Science, related degree, or equivalent practical experience
- Extensive professional experience in software development, working on robust, complex systems that serve a high volume of users
- Hands-on technical leadership and/or people management experience
- 7+ years of professional experience building iOS applications using Objective-C & Swift
- A strong command of algorithms, data structures, and best practices
- A passion for bringing great products into our world through collaboration and ingenuity
- Solid understanding & previous experience with distributed system performance analysis and optimization
- Ability to understand, diagnose, and effectively articulate technical challenges and solutions
- Ability to handle ambiguous problems and make the tradeoffs without compromising quality
Rent the Runway is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Rent the Runway does not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, age, non-disqualifying physical or mental disability, national origin, veteran status or any other basis covered by appropriate law. All employment is decided on the basis of qualifications, merit, and business need