At Rent the Runway, our mission is to make women feel empowered and self-confident every single day by combining best in class technology, logistics, and customer service. Since our launch in 2009, we’ve developed proprietary technology, a one-of-a-kind reverse logistics operation, stores of the future, a viral brand, relationships with hundreds of fashion designers - and we are passionate about continuing to innovate our customer experience. We have pioneered the closet in the cloud and believe that every person globally will soon have a subscription to fashion. We are proud to be both a profitable and fast-growing business, with a loyal 10 million members who believe that rental is the future.
About our Team:
Recognising Ireland’s significant technology talent, Rent the Runway aims to hire 150 engineers and tech developers over the next three years. The prospective team, to be based in the historic Claddagh area of Galway city centre, will tackle core technology challenges that are critical to Rent the Runway’s overall success and will influence the future of the next generation of services.
The new international office in Galway will enable the company to expand its engineering, product development, and Data Science footprint and new Rent the Runway employees will have the opportunity to launch or grow their careers across a number of roles in Technology. The centre in Galway will be the first operation for Rent the Runway outside of the US.
About the Job:
Rent the Runway has a complex data ecosystem that spans web and infrastructure logs, transactions and recurring subscription behavior, and tracking each inventory unit and throughput of our home grown reverse logistics rental operations.
Data systems power critical business decisions - from inventory assortment to operational efficacy, from marketing actions to personalized website features and customer experience enhancements - and we want to scale the data science function across all these vectors.
What You'll Do:
- Mine the data ecosystem & find fruitful signals
- Develop and deploy performant algorithms powering applications
- Examples of applications include consumer-facing recommendation engines, inventory allocation systems, and internal apps for inventory buying and customer experience
- Do bleeding-edge work including optimizing how products fit customers (unsolved as of yet), using AI techniques for inventory buying, and real-time streaming/model computations
- Strong academic background in Computer Science, Mathematics, Physics or a related quantitative/engineering field
- Experience developing software or data products, particularly in Python, our go-to language
- We also use R for ad-hoc modelling and analysis. Some understanding of java, the main language for our back-end systems, is a plus
- Passion for data and its ability to drive serious business impact
- Ability to work independently and take responsibility in a function that is growing in strength but is also core to the company’s growth
At Rent the Runway, we’re committed to the happiness and well-being of our employees, and aim to create a workplace that fosters both personal and professional growth. We have a competitive benefits package on offer for all our Ireland based employees which reflects our ethos and culture. Our benefits include, but are not limited to:
- Generous Paid Time Off including annual leave, paid bereavement, and family sick leave - every employee needs time to take care of themselves and their family.
- Universal Paid Parental Leave for both parents + flexible return to work program - because we know your newest family member(s) deserve your undivided attention.
- Paid Sabbatical after 5 years of continuous service - Unplug, recharge, and have some fun! .
- Comprehensive health, vision, and dental care from day 1 of employment - Your health comes first and we’ve got you covered.