At Rent the Runway, our mission is to make women feel empowered and self-confident every single day by combining best in class technology, logistics, and customer service. Since our launch in 2009, we’ve developed proprietary technology, a one-of-a-kind reverse logistics operation, stores of the future, a viral brand, relationships with hundreds of fashion designers - and we are passionate about continuing to innovate our customer experience. We have pioneered the closet in the cloud and believe that every person globally will soon have a subscription to fashion. We are proud to be both a profitable and fast-growing business, with a loyal 10 million members who believe that rental is the future.
About our Team & Tech:
Recognising Ireland’s significant technology talent, Rent the Runway aims to hire 150 engineers and tech developers over the next three years. The prospective team, to be based in the historic Claddagh area of Galway city centre, will tackle core technology challenges that are critical to Rent the Runway’s overall success and will influence the future of the next generation of services.
The new international office in Galway will enable the company to expand its engineering, product development, and Data Science footprint and new Rent the Runway employees will have the opportunity to launch or grow their careers across a number of roles in Technology. The centre in Galway is the first engineering operation for Rent the Runway outside of the US.
Our engineering team works on product-oriented problems across the boundaries of e-commerce, mobile, analytics and shipping/fulfilment. The backbone of our business is our custom logistics management system, which gives us the crucial ability to deliver the right product to the right user at the right time - a simple goal with a complex solution. We use data, engineering and algorithms to create a personalised website and an adaptive supply chain to fulfil our commitment to an amazing customer experience.
About the Job:
iOS Engineers at Rent the Runway have a passion for the mobile/tablet space that goes beyond just engineering. We try out all the new apps, check out the latest changes from Apple to stay on the bleeding edge, and are always striving to make our apps the best in the app store. The app landscape is constantly shifting and our team is always looking to move with it.
What You'll Do:
- Participate in all aspects of agile software development including design, implementation, and deployment.
- Work with business stakeholders to define our mobile roadmap as we explore new devices, operating systems, and screen sizes.
- Design scalable solutions for a mobile-concurrent environment.
- Improve app architecture.
- Assist with code reviews & writing tests.
- Work collaboratively with UI/UX and Product stakeholders that are experts in responsive design and user experience for mobile devices and tablets.
- Strong understanding of OO programming, Swift and Objective-C, and computer science fundamentals.
- 5+ years of experience in iOS development, with a concentration on native application development.
- Ideally have at least one iOS App published in the App Store (a commercial App is a plus).
- Experience with 3rd party frameworks such as AFNetworking, Cocoapods and CI tools.
- Experience of unit testing, automated testing and debugging of mobile apps.
- Familiarity with fundamental mobile technologies and device capabilities.
- Ability to learn new tools and technologies quickly.
- Experience working as part of a team software development effort.
- Effective time-management skills, including schedule estimation and the ability to manage several competing priorities.
- E-commerce experience is a plus.
At Rent the Runway, we’re committed to the happiness and well-being of our employees, and aim to create a workplace that fosters both personal and professional growth. We have a competitive benefits package on offer for all our Ireland based employees which reflects our ethos and culture. Our benefits include, but are not limited to:
- Generous Paid Time Off including annual leave, paid bereavement, and family sick leave - every employee needs time to take care of themselves and their family.
- Universal Paid Parental Leave for both parents + flexible return to work program - because we know your newest family member(s) deserve your undivided attention.
- Paid Sabbatical after 5 years of continuous service - Unplug, recharge, and have some fun!
- Comprehensive health, vision, and dental care from day 1 of employment - Your health comes first and we’ve got you covered.