At Rent the Runway, our mission is to make women feel empowered and self-confident every single day by combining best in class technology, logistics, and customer service. Since our launch in 2009, we’ve developed proprietary technology, a one-of-a-kind reverse logistics operation, stores of the future, a viral brand, relationships with hundreds of fashion designers - and we are passionate about continuing to innovate our customer experience. We have pioneered the closet in the cloud and believe that every person globally will soon have a subscription to fashion. We are proud to be both a profitable and fast-growing business, with a loyal 11 million members who believe that rental is the future.
About the Job:
The Trainer is responsible for continually improving the capabilities of both new hires and existing associates in a classroom, fulfillment and distribution environment. Create a constant feedback loop with management to ensure best practice is followed on the floor. Trainers in Pressing, Machine Operations, Spotting and Repairs have a high level of technical capacity direct work and develop others on the team. We have openings in each area listed.
- Maintain strong working knowledge of all processes and policies
- Ensure best-in-class experience for new hires and continuous improvement for existing employees
- Give and receive effective feedback
- Be comfortable speaking in front of groups of all sizes
- Assist in leading teams through change and embrace continuous improvement
- Partner with leadership to develop, maintain and apply learning tools
- Review materials before each new training to ensure accuracy
- Communicate feedback to better the operation, management insight and the overall employee experience
- Maintain active training metrics
- Work side-by-side with Associates and Leads as business dictates
- Accountable for personal time and attendance
- Communicate and cooperate with team members and leadership
- Maintain safety guidelines, cleanliness and security standards
- Take on additional duties as assigned by leadership
- Have a positive, “can-do” attitude, patience, excellent interpersonal skills and the ability to manage people
- Intermediate computer skills (eg. spreadsheet software) as well as the ability to operate warehouse tools (eg. scanner, ladder, warehouse software)
- Utilize warehouse machinery specific to position
- Ability to work flex shifts, hours, nights and weekends as business dictates
- Strong written and verbal communication; bilingual in Spanish is a plus
- Ability to quickly recognize, diagnose and solve for challenges and workflow for associate in partnership with leadership
- Skilled at multitasking and managing priorities
- Operate with a sense of urgency and have attention to detail
- Align with the company's core values to ensure a world-class customer experience
- Ability to lift maximum of 50 lbs based on needs of the role
Additional Technical Distinctions
- Operate steam, hydraulic, or other pressing machines to remove wrinkles from garments and flatwork items, or to shape, form, or patch articles to company standards
- Use steam presses, a professional ironing table, and steam iron to shape garments and remove or add creases
- Select appropriate pressing machines based on garment properties such as heat tolerance
- Ability to withstand steam and elevated temperatures for entirety of the shift
- Maintain dry and wet cleaning machines including loading and unloading, cleaning the stills, vacuuming all filters and steam tunnels, and properly using all equipment
- Expedite specials from pre sortation into dry cleaning and from dry cleaning to other departments
- Ability to work with cleaning chemicals
- Identify individual stains, and problem solve the best method of cleaning
- Ability to work with solvents and cleaning chemicals
- Must complete required training
- Repair garments, garment bags and other materials as directed by leadership
- Examine completed units to ensure all repairs are executed to a standard of excellence
- Perform final quality assurance check before item is sent to customer
- Ability to hand and/or machine sew
At Rent the Runway, we’re committed to the happiness and well-being of our employees and aim to create a workplace that fosters both personal and professional growth. Our benefits include, but are not limited to:
- Generous Paid Time Off including vacation, paid bereavement, and family sick leave - every employee needs time to take care of themselves and their family.
- Universal Paid Parental Leave for both parents + flexible return to work program - because we know your newest family member(s) deserve your undivided attention.
- Paid Sabbatical after 5 years of continuous service - Unplug, recharge, and have some fun!
- Comprehensive health, vision, dental, FSA and dependent care from day 1 of employment - Your health comes first and we’ve got you covered.
- Industry leading 401k match - an investment in your future.
- Many other amazing perks!