About Rent the Runway:
Recently named #9 on CNBC’s Disruptor 50 list for 2018, Rent the Runway is transforming the $1.7 trillion global fashion industry by introducing clothing rental as a utility for women. We have pioneered the closet in the cloud and believe that every person globally will soon have a subscription to fashion. Since our launch in late 2009, we have raised $210M from top-tier investors and built one of the most beloved brands on earth. We are proud to be both a profitable and high-growth business, with a loyal 8 million strong customer base who share the experience of renting as being empowering and smart.
Our 1000+ employees have a revolutionary spirit that permeates our culture. We’ve built - proprietary technology, a one-of-a-kind reverse logistics operation, stores of the future, a viral brand, relationships with hundreds of fashion brands - and we are obsessed with continuing to game change our customer experience.
We are also trying to revolutionize entrepreneurship itself - proving that diverse teams produce outsized impact. The Rent the Runway Foundation, which our two co-founders launched together in 2015, helps thousands of female entrepreneurs build and scale their own businesses with the mission of increasing the number of high growth women-led companies.
In this position you will serve as critical support for the Operations team, acting as both the assistant to our General Manager who leads our operations function and as the point of contact for office related coordination for the operations team. As the Office Administrator, you will provide administrative support in all day to day needs, enabling our GM to be more efficient by keeping him/her organized, prepared and on time. As the Office Administrator, you will also support our warehouse team and be responsible for creating a well-organized and efficient office environment that represents the Rent the Runway brand and culture. You will help evolve and create office management procedures that ensure effectiveness, efficiency and compliance. The Office Administrator will look for ways to add value across teams through exceptional execution of projects and partnership in cultural initiatives. As part of both functions, you will have the opportunity to deal with a diverse group of important executives internally and externally, acting as a key representative of the RTR brand.
You are the right fit for this position if you are incredibly organized, passionate about Rent the Runway, proactive and scrappy. To be successful in this role, you must be able to work well under pressure, thrive in a fast-paced environment, juggle lots of projects and deadlines at once, and have a proven track record of excellence in a similar work environment.
- Provide administrative support to the General Manager, managing all aspects of their calendar and schedule including conference calls, appointments, meetings, travel, transportation, etc.
- Act as a liaison with key business partners, including high-level executives and business leaders, board members, high profile candidates, vendors, etc.
- Understand business priorities and act accordingly, using best judgement as to which meetings and interviews need to prioritized, which meetings cannot be moved, etc. always approaching scheduling conflicts with a can-do approach
- Support communication, organization and general business needs as necessary, creating and maintaining documents, folders, filing systems, databases, etc.
- Support creation and distribution of presentations/materials for meetings as needed
- Coordinate team offsite events as necessary
- Partner across functions to ensure conference space is set up correctly, rooms are booked and office space reflect RTR Brand
- Handle Operation business expenses, including reconciling corporate card accounts and creating/submitting expense reports
- Bachelor’s degree and 3 years of prior administrative experience in an operational function
- Relevant work experience in a startup, ecommerce and/or technology-based company preferred, or company with similar pace and structure
- Strong interpersonal skills & the ability to handle sensitive and confidential situations. Position continually requires demonstrated poise, tact and diplomacy
- Proven ability to thrive in a fast-paced environment and demonstrate ability to juggle multiple competing tasks, deadlines, personalities, long and short-term projects, etc.
- Must be able to interact and communicate with individuals at all levels of the organization including senior executives, board members, etc.
- Extreme attention to detail in composing, typing and proofing materials, establishing priorities and meeting deadlines
- Must be forward thinking and constantly one step ahead
- Must be able to appropriately handle confidential information and use best judgment for sharing information
- Proficiency in Greenhouse, Corporate Gmail and Google Docs preferred