At Rent the Runway, our mission is to make women feel empowered and self-confident every single day by combining best in class technology, logistics, and customer service. Since our launch in 2009, we’ve developed proprietary technology, a one-of-a-kind reverse logistics operation, stores of the future, a viral brand, relationships with hundreds of fashion designers - and we are passionate about continuing to innovate our customer experience. We have pioneered the closet in the cloud and believe that every person globally will soon have a subscription to fashion. We are proud to be both a profitable and fast-growing business, with 11 million members of our community who believe that rental is the future.
As the Human Resource Specialist you will provide vital support for the human resources department and will be responsible for managing and supporting HR functions and/or programs for Rent the Runway’s Dream Fulfillment center. They will maintain and enhance the human resources function by executing human resources policies, programs, and practices. The role will have a heavy focus on HR investigations and employee relations resolution.
The ideal candidate will be a creative, collaborative, results-oriented leader who is particularly adept at balancing multiple priorities and issues and being decisive. A true hands-on approach as well as the ability to successfully monitor the "pulse" of the employees to ensure a high level of employee engagement. Experience with rapid and complex changing work environment and high-volume workload is a must. This role requires someone to be dedicated to developing a strong, diverse, and collaborative organization, have a strong work ethic, a passion for managing the details within a growing business and willing to contribute where necessary including the ability to "roll up your sleeves."
In this role, you will report to the Senior HRBP and be part of a fast-paced, dynamic HR team that is highly driven and enthusiastic about supporting the business. You will be comfortable switching between working autonomously, and playing a role within a nimble team.
- Partner with RTR managers and temp agencies to facilitate and perform thorough investigations using sound judgement as it relates to HR/ER matters as they arise
- Active stakeholder in the improvement of employee engagement
- Partners with operations leadership & Senior HRBP in the development of engagement action plans based on the facility Employee Engagement Survey results in alignment with company goals.
- Coordinate facility recognition & employee appreciation programs
- Advise, and resolve associate concerns timely
- Ensure consistent policy implementation and adherence
- Guide and advise leaders in corrective action, employee terminations, etc for both RTR and temp agency hourly population
- Administer and advise leaders regarding legal and regulatory compliance: FMLA, ADA, FLSA, EEO, OSHA, Safety, etc.
- Partner with 3rd party vendor on LOA approvals and communication
- Engage and lead medical and religious accommodation discussions, partnering with the business and legal as necessary
- Coordinate all workers’ compensation claims partnering with Sr Safety leadership around accident/injury reporting and light duty or work restriction needs
- Responsible for the support and maintenance of HRIS system (Workday) for DFC population, including processing employee data, generating HR-related reports, managing system upgrades, and maintaining data integrity
- Assist with the processing of employee verifications, unemployment requests, termination documentation, etc
- Support in administration and communication of benefits and compensation including annual open enrollment
- Communicate across all levels of the business
- Keep a close partnership with the HR Manager and HR Specialist supporting 1st and 2nd shift
- Associates Degree or B.S. degree in HR, business administration, or a related field
- 1-3 years HR experience in a warehouse environment
- Ability to create, analyze, report and manipulate data as it relates to HR metrics
- Capable of making decisions independently
- Strong written and verbal communication
- Have a positive, “can-do” attitude and excellent interpersonal skills
- Strong planning and organizational skills
- Intermediate to advanced computer skills (eg. spreadsheet software, powerpoint/slides) as well as experience with an HRIS system; Workday experience a plus
- Must operate with a sense of urgency and have attention to detail
- Align with the company's Core Values to ensure a world class customer experience
- Ability to work flex shifts, hours, nights and weekends as business dictates
- Experience in a manufacturing or warehouse environment
- Bilingual in Spanish is a PLUS
At Rent the Runway, we’re committed to the happiness and well-being of our employees and aim to create a workplace that fosters both personal and professional growth. Our benefits include, but are not limited to:
- Generous Paid Time Off including vacation, paid bereavement, and family sick leave - every employee needs time to take care of themselves and their family.
- Universal Paid Parental Leave for both parents + flexible return to work program - because we know your newest family member(s) deserve your undivided attention.
- Paid Sabbatical after 5 years of continuous service - Unplug, recharge, and have some fun!
- Comprehensive health, vision, dental, FSA and dependent care from day 1 of employment - Your health comes first and we’ve got you covered.
- Industry leading 401k match - an investment in your future.
- Many other amazing perks!