At Rent the Runway, our mission is to make women feel empowered and self-confident every single day by combining best in class technology, logistics, and customer service. Since our launch in 2009, we’ve developed proprietary technology, a one-of-a-kind reverse logistics operation, stores of the future, a viral brand, relationships with hundreds of fashion designers - and we are passionate about continuing to innovate our customer experience. We have pioneered the closet in the cloud and believe that every person globally will soon have a subscription to fashion. We are proud to be both a profitable and fast-growing business, with 11 million members of our community who believe that rental is the future.
About the Job:
Rent the Runway is looking for an intelligent and motivated non-lawyer to join its legal team. As Senior Manager, Legal Operations, you will deeply understand Rent the Runway, how each department across the business works with the Legal Department and how you can contribute to and impact the Legal Department’s work. You’ll be expected to take ownership over projects, workflows and certain functions of the Legal Department, while regularly updating the Senior Corporate Counsel on progress. You will understand how to work well within a highly cross-functional organization and have an immediate impact on key aspects of Rent the Runway’s innovative business. This role reports into the Senior Corporate Counsel.
What You’ll Do:
- Administer and process employee equity grants and related transactions.
- Oversee the management of Concord, our contracts management system, including creating agreement summaries and providing information about agreements to company stakeholders.
- Manage certain aspects of Rent the Runway’s procurement activities.
- Assist with the maintenance, review and renewal of insurance policies and obtaining certificates of insurance when necessary.
- Identify process improvement opportunities and develop an understanding of department workflows while expanding best practices and relieving bottlenecks.
- Prepare, review and markup certain agreements, such as NDAs, and order forms.
- Conduct training and create written materials for cross-functional teams on legal processes and tools.
- Assist with administrative work for the Legal Department, including coordinating Legal Department communications, continuing legal education, meetings and events.
- You’ll act as a project manager for initiatives led or supported by the Legal Department.
- You’ll identify, implement and own legal department tools to streamline new or existing practices.
You Should Have:
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent.
- At least 7 years of directly relevant work experience as a corporate paralegal or project manager.
- You have impeccable attention to detail.
- You’re a strong and efficient problem solver.
- You are a self-starter who is proactive and can work independently with minimal oversight.
- You’re trustworthy and able to keep information confidential.
- You can manage a variety of high priority issues without missing any deadlines or breaking a sweat.
- Time management and prioritization are second nature to you, so you always understand what needs to be done first in a fast-paced environment with a high volume of work.
- You consistently produce timely and high quality work product and never hesitate to ask for more.
- You know how to develop, implement and use legal technology solutions like Concord.
- Strong written and verbal communication skills.
At Rent the Runway, we’re committed to the happiness and well-being of our employees, and aim to create a workplace that fosters both personal and professional growth. Our benefits include, but are not limited to:
- Generous Paid Time Off including vacation, paid bereavement, and family sick leave - every employee needs time to take care of themselves and their family.
- Universal Paid Parental Leave for both parents + flexible return to work program - because we know your newest family member(s) deserve your undivided attention.
- Paid Sabbatical after 5 years of continuous service - Unplug, recharge, and have some fun!
- Comprehensive health, vision, dental, FSA and dependent care from day 1 of employment - Your health comes first and we’ve got you covered.
- Industry leading 401k match - an investment in your future.
- Many other amazing perks!