At Rent the Runway, our mission is to make women feel empowered and self-confident every single day by combining best in class technology, logistics, and customer service. Since our launch in 2009, we’ve developed proprietary technology, a one-of-a-kind reverse logistics operation, stores of the future, a viral brand, relationships with hundreds of fashion designers - and we are passionate about continuing to innovate our customer experience. We have pioneered the closet in the cloud and believe that every person globally will soon have a subscription to fashion. We are proud to be both a profitable and fast-growing business, with a loyal 10 million members who believe that rental is the future.
About our Team:
Recognising Ireland’s significant technology talent, Rent the Runway aims to hire 150 engineers and tech developers over the next three years. The prospective team, to be based in the historic Claddagh area of Galway city centre, will tackle core technology challenges that are critical to Rent the Runway’s overall success and will influence the future of the next generation of services.
The new international office in Galway will enable the company to expand its engineering, product development, and Data Science footprint and new Rent the Runway employees will have the opportunity to launch or grow their careers across a number of roles in Technology. The centre in Galway will be the first operation for Rent the Runway outside of the US.
About the Job:
A focused software engineer with C# and Java experience to work directly with our Finance team helping them build out and support our core financial services systems. You’ll be implementing critical features, supporting existing workflows, and working closely with the finance team. Our engineering team uses a Java service-oriented architecture to create RESTful APIs that power our website, our mobile app and site, and our warehouse technology. The Financial Operations team uses Java to integrate with the core services, and integrates with Microsoft Dynamics 365 which uses mostly C# and .NET frameworks. We’re looking for someone who really is willing to dive into all these systems and make sure our reporting is correct.
What You'll Do:
- Clearly understand non-technical users, and translate their requests into technical execution
- Participate in requirements development, system architecture and work planning
- Investigate complex issues, in multiple systems
- Analyze the requirements and develop application architecture
- Write clean, testable, and efficient code
- Conduct code reviews and code refactoring
- Communicate with, and support the finance team
- Help with interviews, and other mentorship at the company
- Bachelor's degree or equivalent work experience
- Experience working full-time in a professional development environment
- Detailed knowledge of Java or C#/.Net
- Some knowledge of Java *and* C#/.Net, or an eagerness to teach yourself
- Knowledge of both Linux and Windows environments
- Ability to pick up new tools and technologies as needed
- Experience working as part of a development team
- Ability to prioritize important tasks
- Effective written and verbal communication skills
- Some experience with Microsoft Dynamics 365
- Some experience with ERP integrations
- Experience supporting a finance team
At Rent the Runway, we’re committed to the happiness and well-being of our employees and aim to create a workplace that fosters both personal and professional growth. We have a competitive benefits package on offer for all our Ireland based employees which reflects our ethos and culture. Our benefits include, but are not limited to:
- Generous Paid Time Off including annual leave, paid bereavement, and family sick leave - every employee needs time to take care of themselves and their family.
- Universal Paid Parental Leave for both parents + flexible return to work program - because we know your newest family member(s) deserve your undivided attention.
- Paid Sabbatical after 5 years of continuous service: unplug, recharge, and have some fun!
- Comprehensive health, vision, and dental care from day 1 of employment. Your health comes first and we’ve got you covered.