Rent the Runway is transforming the way modern women get dressed and disrupting the $2.4 trillion global fashion industry by enabling women to rent, versus buy, clothing. Founded in 2009 with a vision to build the world’s first living closet, RTR believes that women everywhere will soon have a subscription to fashion. We’ve pioneered a new industry by transforming the traditional model of clothing consumption, making apparel rental an indispensable utility while also powering women to feel their best every day. RTR offers apparel, accessories and home decor from over 650 designer partners and has built in-house proprietary technology and a one-of-a-kind reverse logistics operation. Under CEO and Co-Founder Jennifer Hyman’s leadership, Rent the Runway has been named to CNBC’s “Disruptor 50” five times in ten years, and has been placed on Fast Company’s Most Innovative Companies list multiple times. RTR has five retail stores of the future, 11 million community members and employs nearly 1,800 people, all of whom have equal benefits across the organization, 93% of whom are female and/or non-white, with 80% of leaders who are women.
About the Team:
Customer Experience lives and breathes our mission of empowering our customers to feel amazing. We've been called fit gurus, personal stylists, shipping virtuosos, and even fashion therapists. From styling advice to troubleshooting orders to offering a confidence boost when needed, we're ready to help with anything. Customer Experience is truly the heart of our business and have a major impact on our continued success.
About the Job:
As a Team Lead, CX Operations Claims at Rent the Runway, you will be responsible for leading a team that delivers exceptional customer experiences at the last mile. Your primary focus with be managing and mentoring a quickly growing team of Courier Claims Associates, who focus on supporting carrier and customer relationships. You will partner cross-functionally as the primary contact for all carrier communication and work directly with the transportation team. You will also be an expert on our internal systems, processes, and technology and actively assist associates to ensure timely resolution and consistency for customers. You should be comfortable on the frontlines with customers (phone, email, live chat) as well as working cross-functionally with our transportation department to escalate and resolve issues.
This is a great role for a leader who can motivate others to reach team and individual goals. We’re looking for enthusiastic, confident leaders with strong interpersonal skills and a strong work ethic. In order to succeed in this role, your team needs to be successful as well.
What You’ll Do:
- Lead a team of Courier Claims Associates with a variety of experience, providing guidance, coaching, and consistent feedback
- Act as CX liaison to transportation team with respect to the NYC last mile network. Ensure that all customer feedback received by CX is captured and shared with the transportation team and carriers
- Manage CX execution of RTR's pilot with Convey. Using data provided by Convey, scale proactive outreach to customers whose orders are expected to arrive after promise date and report out on insights and savings from the Convey platform
- Act as liaison to the transportation team with respect to the UPS / FedEx parcel networks. Develop qualitative, consolidated feedback channels from the customer to the transportation team. Create summaries and other deliverables that can be shared with carriers during negotiations or quarterly business reviews
- Partner with Operations and Product to create a delivery delay communication stream that can scale for the future, across subscription categories
- Continuously assess performance of existing and developing inventory recovery processes, making recommendations and taking initiative to improve
- Establish customer-first culture and be a point of escalation for customer issues while ensuring all compliance and company policies are being met
- Problem solve real-time, pivoting based on business and customer needs
- Maintain a pulse on ongoing learning opportunities and knowledge gaps on your team to ensure adequate training of all our associates
- Take part in the interview process for potential candidates
- You have 5+ years experience in a customer-centric role (B2C or B2B)
- You have 2+ years of management experience
- You have a BA/BS degree
- You approach work with a collaborative mindset and drive to help others succeed
- You have a proven track record of developing employees in a fast-paced, high-growth environment
- You are passionate about building the brand through incredible customer experiences
At Rent the Runway, we’re committed to the happiness and well-being of our employees, and aim to create a workplace that fosters both personal and professional growth. Our benefits include, but are not limited to:
- Generous Paid Time Off including vacation, paid bereavement, and family sick leave - every employee needs time to take care of themselves and their family.
- Universal Paid Parental Leave for both parents + flexible return to work program - because we know your newest family member(s) deserve your undivided attention.
- Paid Sabbatical after 5 years of continuous service - Unplug, recharge, and have some fun!
- Comprehensive health, vision, dental, FSA and dependent care from day 1 of employment - Your health comes first and we’ve got you covered.
- Industry leading 401k match - an investment in your future.
- Many other amazing perks!
Rent the Runway is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Rent the Runway does not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, age, non-disqualifying physical or mental disability, national origin, veteran status or any other basis covered by appropriate law. All employment is decided on the basis of qualifications, merit, and business need