About Rent the Runway:
At Rent the Runway, our mission is to make women feel empowered and self-confident every single day by combining best in class technology, logistics, and customer service. Since our launch in 2009, we’ve developed proprietary technology, a one-of-a-kind reverse logistics operation, stores of the future, a viral brand, relationships with hundreds of fashion designers - and we are passionate about continuing to innovate our customer experience. We have pioneered the closet in the cloud and believe that every person globally will soon have a subscription to fashion. We are proud to be both a profitable and fast-growing business, with a loyal 10 million members who believe that rental is the future.
Stores at Rent the Runway:
Rent the Runway has been at the cutting edge of brick-and-mortar retail for many years, experimenting with various concepts including appointment studios, dream closets, and pop ups. Our retail stores are the ultimate extension of our closetless vision - serving as inventory hubs and last mile fulfillment, pick up and drop off centers, appointment studios, and event and community space. We have a growing footprint of 5 retail closets across key markets in the United States.
RTR stores are powered by seamless technology that enables us to provide white glove customer service - including self service fulfillment, an innovative fitting room experience, and QR code customer identification. While we are passionate about technology, the heart and soul of Rent the Runway is in our team. Our retail teams are full of passionate, customer-centric individuals who are obsessed with providing the best possible experience for our customers. We believe that no issue is too big, and every customer interaction is an opportunity to help change the way women get dressed. From subscription swaps to styling sessions, our retail team is the front lines of our brand and we are excited to be building this team with amazing dynamic talent that believes in our vision for retail.
Rent the Runway is looking for Operations Associates to join the growing team at our San Francisco location. In this role, you will be our expert closet operator, embodying our mission to empower women to feel amazing and provider her with the ultimate dream closet experience. You will support the team through every phase of the RTR operating journey: from managing inventory from our Dream Fulfillment Center, to maintaining in all areas of the customer pick-up and drop off. As an Operations Associate, you will be trained on all aspects of the RTR brand as well as critical systems and tools and will have the opportunity to be exposed to various aspects of the business.
The Day to Day:
- Prioritize daily tasks with Operations Lead and/or Operations Manager
- Participate in all training on Inventory procedures
- Adhere to opening, mid-day and closing Operations checklist
- Unload inventory received from the distribution center (DFC) and/or other carriers and check incoming shipments for mishandling and discrepancies
- Assist and maintain in all areas of customer pick up and drop off orders
- Meet and interact with customers; demonstrate an enthusiastic and positive attitude
- Ensure all elements of a clean and organized stockroom, including but not limited to organization of dresses and accessories and other maintenance tasks
- Customer-Centric - guiding our customers through the RTR journey while listening to their needs, and communicating effectively with empathy.
- Problem Solver- making quick and impactful decisions in a fast paced environment that leads to positive end results.
- Dedicated – committed to RTR vision and mission, and providing the best experience possible for our customer.
- Resilient– honest and ethical in all interactions in and outside of the learning environment; uphold company values and policies; maintain the integrity of the content and delivery.
- 1+ years of experience in an inventory control role
- Experience with Microsoft Excel and Google Docs
- Strong written and verbal communication skills
- Ability to multitask and prioritize
- Flexible schedule with ability to work evenings, weekend, and holidays
- Must be able to work while standing and walking and be able to lift approx 20 lbs
- Must be able to climb stairs in a multi level store
- Supplemental info: provide any other additional information (e.g. access to vehicle, ability to travel, etc.)
- Ability to work 40 hours per week -- can include days, evenings and weekends. This is a full time role.
At Rent the Runway, we’re committed to the happiness and wellbeing of our employees, and aim to create a workplace that fosters both personal and professional growth. Our benefits include, but are not limited to:
- Generous Paid Time Off including vacation, paid bereavement, and family sick leave - every employee needs time to take care of themselves and their family.
- Universal Paid Parental Leave for both parents + flexible return to work program - because we know your newest family member(s) deserve your undivided attention.
- Paid Sabbatical after 5 years of continuous service - Unplug, recharge, and have some fun!
- Comprehensive health, vision, dental, FSA and dependent care from day 1 of employment - Your health comes first and we’ve got you covered.
- Industry leading 401k match - an investment in your future.
Rent the Runway is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Rent the Runway does not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, age, non-disqualifying physical or mental disability, national origin, veteran status or any other basis covered by appropriate law. All employment is decided on the basis of qualifications, merit, and business need