Stores at Rent the Runway:
Rent the Runway has been at the cutting edge of brick-and-mortar retail for many years, experimenting with various concepts including appointment studios, dream closets, and pop ups. Our retail stores are the ultimate extension of our closetless vision - serving as inventory hubs and last mile fulfillment, pick up and drop off centers, appointment studios, and event and community space. We have a growing footprint of 5 retail closets across key markets in the United States.
RTR stores are powered by seamless technology that enables us to provide white glove customer service - including self service fulfillment, an innovative fitting room experience, and QR code customer identification. While we are passionate about technology, the heart and soul of Rent the Runway is in our team. Our retail teams are full of passionate, customer-centric individuals who are obsessed with providing the best possible experience for our customers. We believe that no issue is too big, and every customer interaction is an opportunity to help change the way women get dressed. From subscription swaps to styling sessions, our retail team is the front lines of our brand and we are excited to be building this team with amazing dynamic talent that believes in our vision for retail.
As the New York Flagship Store Experience Manager, you will be responsible for leading a business with untapped potential, as a key player in the growth of the RTR retail landscape. You will work to develop a customer-centric team while ensuring that the store is an active member of the community! Do you think you have what it takes to dream big in our dream closet?
- Responsible for building a high performance team of managers, leads and specialists, while acting as a mentor and creating and maintaining a talent pipeline.
- Act as a mentor and point person to the team by providing guidance, constructive feedback, and demonstrating strong problem solving abilities in a customer facing environment
- Create and implement trainings to drive a customer-first culture in store
- Actively communicates to RTR corporate on opportunities in customer service, marketing and technology to better service our in-store and online customers
- Ensure that store team is in compliance with all company policies and procedures, and support Regional Director in relevant projects
- Ability to deliver 5 star service to each and every customer while scaling our repeat business.
- Ensures customer expectation is exceeded at each visit and maintaining an environment focused on the customer first model
- Present on the retail floor, as a floor manager for a minimum of 25 hours per week
- Proactively demonstrates a “go the extra mile” mindset
- Be inventive and create additional business opportunities while supporting our growing subscription model
- Lead and execute marketing and promotional events
- Achieve or exceed financial plans through effective planning and management to grow the retail business, and ensure disciplined control of all store expenses and payroll
- Create and implement strategies to further subscription model
- Exceed expectations in customer satisfaction metrics
- Maintain positive online reputation on various outlets
- Responsible for meeting store goals and key metrics while holding team members accountable for overall and individual goals
- Under the direction of the Regional Director, performs/completes other additional projects, duties, and assignments as required and/or by request
- Ensure that Company standards are upheld in merchandising, visual presentations, housekeeping and loss prevention
- Ensure operational excellence with regard to all back of the house operations including stockroom maintenance, merchandise paperwork, payroll, and scheduling
- Ensure all opening and closing store procedures occur in a timely and efficient manner
- 7 plus years management experience in the service or fashion industry (depending upon the volume of the business) with a proven track record of successfully managing a team
- Ability to multi-task and coordinate ongoing projects, plans and people development
- Works well under pressure and meeting tight deadlines
- Love of brainstorming, problem-solving, being creative and resourceful
- Training, interviewing, planning, organizational, and performance management skills
- Technically savvy and proficiency with MS Office; Outlook, Excel, Word
- Strong analytical and communication skills - verbal and written
- Entrepreneurial mindset with the ability to react to business trends and identify areas of opportunity
- Proven track record in attendance and performance
- Dedicated to high level of client service and revenue productivity
- Must be able to work while standing and walking and be able to lift approx 20 lbs
- Supplemental info: provide any other additional information (e.g. access to vehicle, ability to travel, etc.)
- Flexible schedule and ability to commit to a minimum of 45 hours per week including nights and weekends
About Rent the Runway:
Recently named #9 on CNBC’s Disruptor 50 list for 2018, Rent the Runway is transforming the $2.4 trillion global fashion industry by introducing clothing rental as a utility for women. We have pioneered the closet in the cloud and believe that every person globally will soon have a subscription to fashion. Since our launch in late 2009, the company has raised more than $210 million from top-tier investors and built one of the most beloved brands on earth. We are proud to be both a profitable and high-growth business, with a loyal 9 million members who believe that rental is the future.
Our 1200+ employees have a revolutionary spirit that permeates our culture. We’ve built proprietary technology, a one-of-a-kind reverse logistics operation, stores of the future, a viral brand, relationships with hundreds of fashion brands - and we are obsessed with continuing to game change our customer experience.
We are also trying to revolutionize entrepreneurship itself - proving that diverse teams produce outsized impact. The Rent the Runway Foundation, which our two co-founders launched together in 2015, helps thousands of female entrepreneurs build and scale their own businesses with the mission of increasing the number of high growth women-led companies.