About Rent the Runway:
At Rent the Runway, our mission is to make women feel empowered and self-confident every single day by combining best in class technology, logistics, and customer service. Since our launch in 2009, we’ve developed proprietary technology, a one-of-a-kind reverse logistics operation, stores of the future, a viral brand, relationships with hundreds of fashion designers - and we are passionate about continuing to innovate our customer experience. We have pioneered the closet in the cloud and believe that every person globally will soon have a subscription to fashion. We are proud to be both a profitable and fast-growing business, with 11 million members of our community who believe that rental is the future.
As an Operations Lead, you are playing the role of Operations Manager-in-Training. This role involves partnering with the Ops Manager on leading a team executing the daily inventory operations of a fast paced and ever changing business . You must be organized and team oriented to be part of this productive team. Do you think you have what it takes to dream big in our dream closet?
Enter our dream closet of…
- exceptional customer experience
- endless opportunity to learn and grow with your team
- risk-taking, where trying new things and learning from mistakes are valued
- a positive work environment with outstanding teamwork, mutual respect and exceptional morale
- leading and understanding, implementing, and living Rent the Runway’s core values!
Do you have a passion for....
- forming genuine connections with customers to create a memorable experience that makes them want to come back?
- joining a disruptive retail environment where we’re always rewriting the rules?
- working together to achieve something better than what we can do individually?
- taking risks, trying new things and where learning from mistakes are valued - we are continuously improving?
- a positive and collaborative work environment that includes mutual respect and trust?
- Prioritize daily tasks with Operations Manager
- Proactively communicate to Ops Manager and DFC on all inventory related issues and changes required to improve overall efficiencies and customer service
- Supervise specialists on daily tasks
- Ensure completion of opening, mid-day and closing Operations checklist
- Participate in all training on SOP’s and lead when necessary
- Support Customer Experience team during peak times at RTR Bar
- Working with the Operations Manager to ensure all SOP’s are up-to-date
- Assist with any building maintenance & IT-related issues
- Process and verify inventory receipts and compare through system to validate for accuracy, note discrepancies with distribution center (DFC) or appropriate carrier
- Ensure all elements of a clean and organized stockroom, including but not limited to organization of dresses and accessories and other maintenance tasks
- Demonstrate knowledge of products and services
- Meet and interact with customers; demonstrate an enthusiastic and positive attitude
- Adhere to company policies and procedures
- Coaching and development of specialists while providing daily motivation of store team and demonstrating strong problem solving abilities, along with celebrating team successes
Inventory (Inbound, Outbound, Replenishment):
- Ensure all daily tasks are executed involving priority shipments in a timely manner
- Performing scheduled cycle counts in a timely manner; Investigate any inventory discrepancies, reconcile Aging report
- Maintain low levels of inventory deactivations through
- Pick, pack, and ship outbound courier orders following the Courier order SOP
- Manage flow of outbound orders through Doorman
- Ensure all inbound garments are inspected for any imperfections (wrinkles, creases, broken zipper, etc.), tag items correctly in our inventory management system (WMS) and send back to the warehouse following proper procedures
- Manage and assist with unloading inventory received from the distribution center (DFC) and/or other carriers and check incoming shipments for mishandling and discrepancies
- Manage and participate in the pick-up and drop off process in store
- 2 years experience in an inventory supervisory role
- Ability to carry 15-20 lbs up and down stairs
- Strong written and verbal communication skills
- Ability to multitask and prioritize
- Flexible schedule and ability to commit to a minimum of 45 hours per week including nights and weekends
- Training, interviewing, planning, organizational, and performance management skills.
- Technically savvy and proficient with MS Office; Outlook, Excel, Word
- Entrepreneurial mindset with the ability to react to business trends and identify areas of opportunity.
- Proven track record in attendance and performance
- Dedicated to high level of client service and revenue productivity
At Rent the Runway, we’re committed to the happiness and wellbeing of our employees, and aim to create a workplace that fosters both personal and professional growth. Our benefits include, but are not limited to:
- Generous Paid Time Off including vacation, paid bereavement, and family sick leave - every employee needs time to take care of themselves and their family.
- Universal Paid Parental Leave for both parents + flexible return to work program - because we know your newest family member(s) deserve your undivided attention.
- Paid Sabbatical after 5 years of continuous service - Unplug, recharge, and have some fun!
- Comprehensive health, vision, dental, FSA and dependent care from day 1 of employment - Your health comes first and we’ve got you covered.
- Industry leading 401k match - an investment in your future.
Rent the Runway is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Rent the Runway does not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, age, non-disqualifying physical or mental disability, national origin, veteran status or any other basis covered by appropriate law. All employment is decided on the basis of qualifications, merit, and business need