At Rent the Runway, our mission is to make women feel empowered and self-confident every single day by combining best in class technology, logistics, and customer service. Since our launch in 2009, we’ve developed proprietary technology, a one-of-a-kind reverse logistics operation, stores of the future, a viral brand, relationships with hundreds of fashion designers - and we are passionate about continuing to innovate our customer experience. We have pioneered the closet in the cloud and believe that every person globally will soon have a subscription to fashion. We are proud to be both a profitable and fast-growing business, with a loyal 10 million members who believe that rental is the future.
About the Team:
Customer Experience lives and breathes our mission of empowering our customers to feel amazing. We've been called fit gurus, personal stylists, shipping virtuosos, and even fashion therapists. From styling advice to troubleshooting orders to offering a confidence boost when needed, we're ready to help with anything. Our CX Team is the heart of our business and has a major impact on our continued success.
About the Job:
Rent the Runway is dedicated to innovating our RTR network through strategic partnerships. In 2018, we launched a national Drop-Off Network with WeWork to better meet the needs of the modern working woman. The network of RTR Drop-Off Boxes are located in 20 locations across 6 cities: New York, San Francisco, Los Angeles, Chicago, D.C., and Miami. RTR Drop-Off Boxes are powered by RTR’s proprietary self-service technology, which enables members to scan their items directly into RTR’s inbound receiving ecosystem and instantly open a slot to order new items. The service is located in public lobbies as well as private corporate locations to use for their returns.
WeWork served as the launch partner for the RTR Drop-Off Network, but we actively plan to scale the network in 2019 to include gyms, hotels, office buildings, commercial retail, residential developments, and more. As an Associate Manager, Customer Experience Operations, you will help us rapidly scale the RTR Drop-Off Network in 2019, by managing the day-to-day relationship with our local partners, coordinating local operations, and providing valuable customer insights to cross-functional partners. We are just at the beginning, and this role is an exciting opportunity to be an early contributor to a new and growing RTR initiative.
What You'll Do:
- Coordinate with location management and transportation providers to ensure that each drop-off box in the RTR network is serviced according to schedule in a manner that is reliable, efficient and unobtrusive. This includes scheduling supplemental pickups as needed due to surges in the volume of returns
- Build and lead a team of Dropbox Associates that will provide dropbox network coverage for all hours of operation (9 AM to 9 PM)
- Manage correspondence with Drop-off Box and transportation partners, maintaining stellar response and resolution times with all parties; understand how support needs will change as the program scales; work with stakeholders to develop support KPIs; set targets and identify the resources that will be required to monitor and achieve them
- Identify and root cause any issues, and escalate to teams internally to ensure timely solutions
- Monitor compliance by transportation partners with program standards (e.g. pickup timeliness, frequency of shipments, damage, etc.); in case of performance issues, coach partners, document and escalate as appropriate
- Coordinate production and installation of drop-off boxes, across all partners (Fleetwood, TForce consolidation, IT, Creative and more)
- Develop training materials and lead partner onboarding for local Drop-Off Box community managers
- Document customer and partner feedback as well as all reported issues and resolutions to provide insights to partners to inform scaling of the drop-off network
- You are committed to the experience of our customers, our drop-off box partners, and our transportation partners to ensure that all parties are having an enjoyable and efficient experience.
- You have strong business acumen with the ability to balance superb experience to our customers and our partners while minimizing for the cost to RTR.
- You are a highly organized leader & communicator with the ability to drive results.
- You are a self-starter with strong attention to detail and sense of urgency.
- You are highly collaborative and thrive working cross-functionally.
- You embody an entrepreneurial spirit with a passion for disruption.
At Rent the Runway, we’re committed to the happiness and wellbeing of our employees, and aim to create a workplace that fosters both personal and professional growth. Our benefits include, but are not limited to:
- Generous Paid Time Off including vacation, paid bereavement, and family sick leave - every employee needs time to take care of themselves and their family.
- Universal Paid Parental Leave for both parents + flexible return to work program - because we know your newest family member(s) deserve your undivided attention.
- Paid Sabbatical after 5 years of continuous service - Unplug, recharge, and have some fun!
- Comprehensive health, vision, dental, FSA and dependent care from day 1 of employment - Your health comes first and we’ve got you covered.
- Industry leading 401k match - an investment in your future.
- Many other amazing perks!