About Rent the Runway:
At Rent the Runway, our mission is to make women feel empowered and self-confident every single day by combining best in class technology, logistics, and customer service. Since our launch in 2009, we’ve developed proprietary technology, a one-of-a-kind reverse logistics operation, stores of the future, a viral brand, relationships with hundreds of fashion designers - and we are passionate about continuing to innovate our customer experience. We have pioneered the closet in the cloud and believe that every person globally will soon have a subscription to fashion. We are proud to be both a profitable and fast-growing business, with a loyal 10 million members who believe that rental is the future.
We’re looking for a multi-disciplinary Designer to join our growing creative team. The main responsibilities of this role will be to focus on various growth and marketing initiatives with the ability to support various design deliverables for print, retail, digital marketing (email, paid, social, landing pages), etc. The ideal candidate has a strong attention to detail, print design, branding, typography and has previously used technology to improve their design solutions.
- Apply conceptual thinking and creativity to complex design problems from conception to production for various design materials such as print, window displays, social, email, etc.
- Self-organize and communicate clearly and concisely on status of ongoing work, to ensure smooth progress for the working team
- Execute innovative creative ideas to advance Rent the Runway’s brand vision
- Partner with other creative team members to unite the visual style consistency across the brand
- Daily collaboration with the Marketing, PR, Merchandising, and other cross-functional teams to execute growth marketing projects across all areas of the business
- Bachelor’s degree and minimum of 4+ years of hands-on experience creating both digital and physical creative assets
- Experience focusing on marketing strategies and how to provide creative solutions to briefs and requests
- Well organized, detail and solutions oriented
- Strong conceptual thinker with design sensibilities
- Ability to work in a fast-paced environment
- A love for typography, grid-based design and illustrations
- A collaborative team player with an interest in learning and listening to others
- Self-motivated, resourceful, hardworking with a positive attitude
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Proficient in Adobe Creative Suite and Sketch, plus other related programs to create assets that animate, GIF etc.
- Past experience working in luxury or fashion a plus, but not required
At Rent the Runway, we’re committed to the happiness and wellbeing of our employees, and aim to create a workplace that fosters both personal and professional growth. Our benefits include, but are not limited to:
- Generous Paid Time Off including vacation, paid bereavement, and family sick leave - every employee needs time to take care of themselves and their family
- Universal Paid Parental Leave for both parents + flexible return to work program - because we know your newest family member(s) deserve your undivided attention
- Paid Sabbatical after 5 years of continuous service - Unplug, recharge, and have some fun!
- Comprehensive health, vision, dental, FSA and dependent care from day 1 of employment - Your health comes first and we’ve got you covered
- Industry leading 401k match - an investment in your future