About Rent the Runway:
Recently named #9 on CNBC’s Disruptor 50 list for 2018, Rent the Runway (RTR) is transforming the $2.4 trillion global fashion industry by introducing clothing rental as a utility for women. We have pioneered the closet in the cloud and believe that every person globally will soon have a subscription to fashion. Since our launch in late 2009, the company has raised more than $210 million from top-tier investors and built one of the most beloved brands on earth. We are proud to be both a profitable and high-growth business, with a loyal 9 million members who believe that rental is the future.
Our 1200+ employees have a revolutionary spirit that permeates our culture. We’ve built proprietary technology, a one-of-a-kind reverse logistics operation, stores of the future, a viral brand, relationships with hundreds of fashion brands - and we are obsessed with continuing to game change our customer experience.
We are also trying to revolutionize entrepreneurship itself - proving that diverse teams produce outsized impact. The Rent the Runway Foundation, which our two co-founders launched together in 2015, helps thousands of female entrepreneurs build and scale their own businesses with the mission of increasing the number of high growth women-led companies.
About the Position:
This is one of the critical leadership roles at RTR, a data-driven company that is changing the way women get dressed. In this role, you will manage all analytics efforts across the business - consumer/website, customer service, inventory and operations. You will build and manage a team of analysts who have technical savvy and the ability to understand how their work drives business results. You will partner with C-level executives and the rest of senior leadership to shape and support our strategy with quantitative insights, and ensure the whole organization makes data driven decisions. You posses the rare ability to understand data deeply AND be able to explain it clearly in non-technical terms. While you might not have direct experience managing end-to-end analytics for a consumer company with a complex supply chain, you must have the deep intellectual curiosity and work ethic to dig in and learn.
- Build a robust analytics organization with strong functional expertise and influence. Foster a supportive learning environment with high retention by building trust and encouraging openness across the team
- Lead the team to drive company-level data strategies and maximize business impact, working cross-functionally to identify growth and ROI-driving opportunities
- Weigh in on the development of key performance indicators for the organization
- Actively propose business initiatives based on findings of the analytics team
- Perform in-depth analysis, including augmenting our data, to collaborate with leadership and inform strategy for the organization
- Effectively communicate and 'translate' quantitative findings (storytelling with data)
- Accountable for the quality of data analytics for high-priority cross-functional projects at RTR. Staffing these projects to enable a data-driven decision making process.
- Partner with data science team to leverage their production models for ad hoc analysis based on business needs
- Train other teams across RTR on how to self-serve for business-as-usual analysis
- Bachelors in a quantitative field and 5+ years of relevant professional experience, with a background in some combination of ecommerce analytics, marketing and/or growth analytics, supply chain analytics, and demand forecasting and at least 3+ years of managing a team of analysts and/or data scientists; Master's degree a plus
- Strong understanding of data management tools, including SQL, Python, and R
- Experience in a subscription business is a plus
- Eager to roll up your sleeves and dig into any problem in a fast-paced startup environment
- Strong ability to understand business priorities, recognize leverage in analytics projects, and prioritize appropriately