About Rent the Runway:
At Rent the Runway, our mission is to make women feel empowered and self-confident every single day by combining best in class technology, logistics, and customer service. Since our launch in 2009, we’ve developed proprietary technology, a one-of-a-kind reverse logistics operation, stores of the future, a viral brand, relationships with hundreds of fashion designers - and we are passionate about continuing to innovate our customer experience. We have pioneered the closet in the cloud and believe that every person globally will soon have a subscription to fashion. We are proud to be both a profitable and fast-growing business, with a loyal 10 million members who believe that rental is the future.
As the Manager, Engagement Marketing you will be responsible for executing strategies across all customer lifecycle stages including consideration, registration, activation, and loyalty - with the ultimate goal of growth and enhanced retention.
Are you an analytical marketer with innovative ideas on how to turn customers into Rent the Runway fanatics? If this sounds like you, plus you have a passion for changing the fashion industry and “hockey-sticking” growth, keep reading!
- Complete in-depth analysis on new and existing initiatives related to customer acquisition, activation, and retention to quantify results and identify improvement/innovation areas
- Develop personalized, automated email campaigns from start-to-finish including overseeing creative brief creation, campaign setup and deployment in our ESP, and ongoing reporting
- Execute ongoing testing regimen to continuously improve email performance focused on user engagement via email and push
- Assist and/or lead in the development of weekly, monthly, and ad hoc reporting on email and push performance
- Explore new and emerging campaign formats and tools to position Rent the Runway at the front of new opportunities in technology and fashion
- Bachelor's Degree plus 5+ years experience in ecommerce marketing with hands on experience building campaign and transactional emails
- Experience building large-scale testing plans and conducting post test analysis for new and innovative opportunities
- Experience with push best practices, developing automated push campaigns, and push analytics; ability to help the team scale the push program and create a true omni-channel experience for new & returning users
- An analytical mindset and proficiency applying data to customer segmentation
- Proficiency with Sailthru highly preferred
- Experience working for the direct-to-consumer division of a multi-channel retailer or subscription based e-commerce company preferred
- Knowledge of online analytics/business intelligence tools such as Tableau, SQL, etc. preferred
- Strong bias for action and desire to iterate and learn
- Ability to work in a competitive, fast-paced and challenging environment
- A want and ability to work with multiple teams in various capacities
- Critical thinking and problem solving with a positive attitude a must
- Strong project management skills and attention to detail
At Rent the Runway, we’re committed to the happiness and wellbeing of our employees, and aim to create a workplace that fosters both personal and professional growth. Our benefits include, but are not limited to:
- Generous Paid Time Off including vacation, paid bereavement, and family sick leave - every employee needs time to take care of themselves and their family
- Universal Paid Parental Leave for both parents + flexible return to work program - because we know your newest family member(s) deserve your undivided attention
- Paid Sabbatical after 5 years of continuous service - Unplug, recharge, and have some fun!
- Comprehensive health, vision, dental, FSA and dependent care from day 1 of employment - Your health comes first and we’ve got you covered
- Industry leading 401k match - an investment in your future