At Rent the Runway, our mission is to make women feel empowered and self-confident every single day by combining best in class technology, logistics, and customer service. Since our launch in 2009, we’ve developed proprietary technology, a one-of-a-kind reverse logistics operation, stores of the future, a viral brand, relationships with hundreds of fashion designers - and we are passionate about continuing to innovate our customer experience. We have pioneered the closet in the cloud and believe that every person globally will soon have a subscription to fashion. We are proud to be both a profitable and fast-growing business, with 11 million members of our community who believe that rental is the future.
About the Team:
Our Infrastructure team is smart, pragmatic, and entrepreneurial. We practice continuous improvements & process management techniques to put quality into everything we do. We cross-functionally service the Rent the Runway business and support multiple departments across IT, Engineering, Product, Security, Compliance and the Business.
About the Job:
We are seeking a motivated, adaptable, self-managed and eager to learn IT professional. The ideal candidate must be able to thrive in the midst of constant change, and adapt to the growing needs of the business. As a member of the IT team, this person will be supporting our network for all of our business units, in our corporate offices, warehouse and retail locations.
Candidate must have a thorough knowledge of Palo Alto Networks’ product solutions (firewalls, Panorama, IPSEC VPN, & Threat Protection) & Juniper Networks Switching.
What You'll Do:
- Development and maintenance of existing network infrastructure
- Manage network connectivity with multiple Internet network providers
- Advocate for and drive for best of breed security solutions.
- Administer existing security devices - firewalls, VPNs, etc.
- Creating and maintaining monitors to ensure system stability and uptime.
- Recommend and implement networking solutions and technologies.
- Provide on-call support for system related issues and work to identify problems and resolve them
- Bachelor's degree or equivalent technical degree.
- 5+ years experience maintaining a network infrastructure
- Juniper Networks certification (JNCIA)
- Palo Alto Networks certification (PCNSE)
- Experience managing and integrating networking with Cloud Providers (AWS/Azure/Rackspace)
- Aruba Clearpass/Radius experience
- Understanding of the OSI Layers
- Knowledge of VLANs, Subnets, VPNs, VLAN Tagging, Trunking etc
- Understanding of routing protocols including but not limited to BGP, OSPF, TCP, UDP etc
- Knowledge of firewalls, security best practices and audit compliance
- Ability to troubleshoot and maintain network stability
- Strong communication skills
- Ability to mentor and work with other team members
- This positions time will be split between the NY and NJ locations.
- Occasional travel to the retail locations & TX
At Rent the Runway, we’re committed to the happiness and well-being of our employees, and aim to create a workplace that fosters both personal and professional growth. Our benefits include, but are not limited to:
- Generous Paid Time Off including vacation, paid bereavement, and family sick leave - every employee needs time to take care of themselves and their family.
- Universal Paid Parental Leave for both parents + flexible return to work program - because we know your newest family member(s) deserve your undivided attention.
- Paid Sabbatical after 5 years of continuous service - Unplug, recharge, and have some fun! .
- Comprehensive health, vision, dental, FSA and dependent care from day 1 of employment - Your health comes first and we’ve got you covered.
- Industry leading 401k match - an investment in your future.