About Rent the Runway:
Recently named #9 on CNBC’s Disruptor 50 list for 2018, Rent the Runway is transforming the $2.4 trillion global fashion industry by introducing clothing rental as a utility for women. We have pioneered the closet in the cloud and believe that every person globally will soon have a subscription to fashion. Since our launch in late 2009, the company has raised more than $210 million from top-tier investors and built one of the most beloved brands on earth. We are proud to be both a profitable and high-growth business, with a loyal 9 million members who believe that rental is the future.
Our 1200+ employees have a revolutionary spirit that permeates our culture. We’ve built proprietary technology, a one-of-a-kind reverse logistics operation, stores of the future, a viral brand, relationships with hundreds of fashion brands - and we are obsessed with continuing to game change our customer experience.
We are also trying to revolutionize entrepreneurship itself - proving that diverse teams produce outsized impact. The Rent the Runway Foundation, which our two co-founders launched together in 2015, helps thousands of female entrepreneurs build and scale their own businesses with the mission of increasing the number of high growth women-led companies.
The Senior Manager, Transportation (Supply Chain: Drop Box / Lockers) is responsible for executing and scaling Rent the Runway’s transportation network strategy. In this role, you will be responsible for engaging multiple business partners both internal and external to ensure best in class customer experience across multiple carriers and distribution centers.
Execute RTR’s national transportation strategy:
- Implement outbound, inbound and internal shipping strategies in partnership with operations and supply chain leadership, ensuring all programs meet rigorous standards for customer experience, financial performance and operational efficiency.
- Build working relationships with operational counterparts at each carrier, acting as primary point of contact with the goal of driving continuous improvement along with maximum flexibility and responsiveness in the event of the unexpected.
- Conduct weekly quality calls with carriers to discuss delivery performance, exceptions and timeliness of arrival and dispatch, resulting in concrete, measurable, action plans.
- Onboard and offboard carriers from network as applicable, negotiate pricing and manage compliance with performance standards, reporting and other obligations.
- Determine and execute emergency recovery strategies as necessary in response to natural disasters, warehouse outages or other disruptions.
- Act as primary contact for retail and CX teams to ensure that the transportation strategy is meeting their needs and they are complying with all policies.
Lead transportation support for RTR’s pickup and dropoff network:
- Partner with internal and external stakeholders to scale RTR’s network of physical drop off and pickup locations, including optimizing transportation strategy in each market, building process to address common support requests and developing a playbook for the launch of new markets and locations.
- Own day-to-day transportation operations for each location and delivery service provider with responsibility for all customer service and financial KPIs; travel as required in connection with the launch of new markets and / or addressing issues in existing markets.
- Offer timely support to account management team on transportation-related escalations.
Develop transportation performance reporting into a strategic advantage:
- Own performance reporting for RTR’s parcel, final mile, internal, drop box and other networks, working with RTR and third-party resources to drive toward the most accurate, actionable view of customer delivery experience.
- Partner with transportation analytics and other stakeholders on the development of shrinkage and cost reporting in connection with the drop box and internal retail networks
Bring a leadership mindset to a high-growth environment:
- Create leverage for the supply chain team through the design and implementation of a comprehensive dock clerk training program including SOPs, metrics and processes for evaluating progress.
- Maintain strong working knowledge of all processes and policies.
- Be patient, have strong communication skills and the capability of giving and receiving effective feedback including training and development of hourly associates.
- Lead teams through change and embrace continuous improvement.
- Enforce safety guidelines, cleanliness and security standards.
- 6+ years of professional experience or relevant internships in a highly analytical, data intensive and/or strategic role, preferably with significant experience in Supply Chain and/or online retail
- BA/BS degree in Supply Chain, Analytics, Business Administration or other applicable field required
- MBA or relevant Master’s Degree (Operations, Supply Chain) from a graduate program with demonstrated high academic achievement preferred
- Capable of making decisions independently
- Have a positive, “can-do” attitude and excellent interpersonal skills
- Ability to work flex shifts, hours, nights and weekends as business dictates
- Strong analytical, organizational, and written/verbal communication skills
- Forward-thinkers with the ability to articulate point of view and improve processes
- Ability to quickly recognize, diagnose and solve for challenges
- Must operate with a sense of urgency and have attention to detail
- Align with the company's Core Values to ensure a world class customer experience