At Rent the Runway, our mission is to make women feel empowered and self-confident every single day by combining best in class technology, logistics, and customer service. Since our launch in 2009, we’ve developed proprietary technology, a one-of-a-kind reverse logistics operation, stores of the future, a viral brand, relationships with hundreds of fashion designers - and we are passionate about continuing to innovate our customer experience. We have pioneered the closet in the cloud and believe that every person globally will soon have a subscription to fashion. We are proud to be both a profitable and fast-growing business, with a loyal 11 million members who believe that rental is the future.
The Team Lead is responsible for a specific department within a fulfillment and distribution environment. They lead a team of associates around safety, production, cost and quality all while driving a positive employee experience. A Team Lead is a servant leader; dive in, roll up your sleeves to help in any situation, make tools available, remove obstacles for associates to excel in their roles, have empathy and compassion for associates, and the passion and leadership to stand up for them when the time arises.
- Maintain strong working knowledge of all processes and policies
- Actively lead with safety, production, cost and quality at the forefront of all decision making
- Be patient, have strong communication skills and the capability to give and receive effective feedback (eg. timely daily feedback)
- Communicate cross-departmentally
- Implement and monitor continuous improvement processes for the team
- Manage, coordinate and track daily attendance and break periods
- Implement overall productivity of department and workflow
- Be the primary point of contact for associates
- Continue the onboarding process and ramp-up period post training
- Be comfortable speaking in front of groups of all sizes
- Support teams through change and embrace continuous improvement
- Partner with trainers and leadership to maintain and apply learning tools
- Communicate feedback to better the operation and the employee experience
- Communicate and cooperate with team members and leadership
- Enforce safety guidelines, cleanliness and security standards
- Take on additional duties as assigned by leadership
- Proficient in warehouse management software
- 1 to 3 years of experience leading warehouse operations
- Have a positive, ‘can-do” attitude and excellent interpersonal skills
- Ability to work flex shifts, hours, nights and weekends as the business dictates
- Strong written and verbal communication; bilingual in Spanish is a plus
- Intermediate computer skills (eg. Excel) as well as the ability to operate warehouse tools (eg. scanner, ladder, warehouse software)
- Forward thinkers with the ability to articulate point of view and improve processes
- Skilled at multitasking and managing priorities
- Ability to quickly recognize, diagnose and solve for challenges and workflow for associates in partnership with leadership
- Must operate with a sense of urgency and have attention to detail
- Align with the company's core values to ensure a world class customer experience
- Ability to lift a maximum of 50 lbs based on needs of the role
At Rent the Runway, we’re committed to the happiness and well-being of our employees and aim to create a workplace that fosters both personal and professional growth. Our benefits include, but are not limited to:
- Generous Paid Time Off including vacation, paid bereavement, and family sick leave - every employee needs time to take care of themselves and their family.
- Universal Paid Parental Leave for both parents + flexible return to work program - because we know your newest family member(s) deserve your undivided attention.
- Paid Sabbatical after 5 years of continuous service - Unplug, recharge, and have some fun!
- Comprehensive health, vision, dental, FSA and dependent care from day 1 of employment - Your health comes first and we’ve got you covered.
- Industry leading 401k match - an investment in your future.
- Many other amazing perks!