At Rent the Runway, our mission is to make women feel empowered and self-confident every single day by combining best in class technology, logistics, and customer service. Since our launch in 2009, we’ve developed proprietary technology, a one-of-a-kind reverse logistics operation, stores of the future, a viral brand, relationships with hundreds of fashion designers - and we are passionate about continuing to innovate our customer experience. We have pioneered the closet in the cloud and believe that every person globally will soon have a subscription to fashion. We are proud to be both a profitable and fast-growing business, with a loyal 11 million members who believe that rental is the future.
The Senior Manager is responsible for guiding and developing teams by motivating, mentoring, and coaching. They are responsible for engaging their team during a shift to maintain the highest levels of safety, production, cost and quality while maintaining a positive employee experience. Senior Managers are servant leaders; dive in, roll up your sleeves to help in any situation, make tools available, remove obstacles for associates to excel in their roles, have empathy and compassion for associates, and the passion and leadership to stand up for them when the time arises.
- Must be available to work an overnight shift (11pm - 7am)
- Maintain strong working knowledge of all processes and policies
- Actively lead with safety, production, cost and quality at the forefront of all decision making
- Establish and meet KPIs
- Identify root cause issues, create programs and plans to improve and drive long term, sustainable and repeatable solutions to improve all metrics in the department
- Ownership and accountability for team’s daily decision making and execution
- Lead and direct both an hourly and salaried population of RTR employees
- Be patient, have strong communication skills and the capability to coach and develop leaders (eg. daily real time feedback)
- Improve (and/or create), document and implement procedures to help develop teams
- Communicate across all levels of the operation
- Actively seek, design, implement and monitor continuous improvement processes for the team
- Be a leader of change
- Review output performance against scheduled performance, provide reports to managers on interpretation of results and approve changes in direction of plans
- Actively manage department labor requests and ensure they align to variable cost plans
- Support managers in making real time operational adjustments to grow the business
- Be the first point of escalation for Managers
- Be comfortable speaking in front of groups of all sizes
- Enforce safety guidelines, cleanliness and security standards
- B.S. degree in business administration, manufacturing, supply chain or related field; MBA is a plus
- 6 to 12 years of related experience working in a retail management, warehouse, fulfillment center or quality assurance capacity
- 5 to 7 years experience leading and developing people and teams
- Experience with Kaizen and Lean Manufacturing techniques
- Experience managing a budget
- Leader of leaders
- Capable of making decisions independently
- Have a positive, “can-do” attitude and excellent interpersonal skills
- Strong written and verbal communication; bilingual in Spanish is a plus
- Strong planning and organizational skills
- Intermediate to advanced computer skills (eg. spreadsheet software, powerpoint/slides) as well as the ability to operate warehouse tools (eg. scanner, ladder, warehouse software)
- Forward-thinkers with the ability to articulate point of view and improve processes
- Ability to quickly recognize, diagnose and solve for challenges and workflow for associates
- Must operate with a sense of urgency and have attention to detail
- Align with the company's Core Values to ensure a world class customer experience
- Ability to lift up to a maximum of 50 lbs based on needs of the role
- Ability to work flex shifts, hours, nights and weekends as business dictates
At Rent the Runway, we’re committed to the happiness and well-being of our employees and aim to create a workplace that fosters both personal and professional growth. Our benefits include, but are not limited to:
- Generous Paid Time Off including vacation, paid bereavement, and family sick leave - every employee needs time to take care of themselves and their family.
- Universal Paid Parental Leave for both parents + flexible return to work program - because we know your newest family member(s) deserve your undivided attention.
- Paid Sabbatical after 5 years of continuous service - Unplug, recharge, and have some fun!
- Comprehensive health, vision, dental, FSA and dependent care from day 1 of employment - Your health comes first and we’ve got you covered.
- Industry leading 401k match - an investment in your future.
- Many other amazing perks!