Looking to join a company in the midst of a digital transformation where the consumer is king and talent, technology and data are our greatest resources? Keep reading to see if this opportunity is of interest to you!
RentPath (a division of Redfin) is currently looking for a Business Data Analyst, (Rentals.com), to develop and utilize data tactics that generate critical insights, allowing the company to make superior data- driven business decisions. In this role, you will seek to become an expert in data manipulation and conduct complex analyses, helping to create numbers-driven stories and influence key business decisions.
Reporting to the VP/ GM of Rentals.com, You will regularly interact with cross functional teams including, product, consumer marketing, IT, corporate strategy, sales, and B2B operations to define business requirements and develop a framework for analysis and reporting that will result in highly poised business decisions.
In this role, you will be a critical contributor in designing and executing data management, analytics and reporting processes. You will be using data to provide visibility into the productivity and effectiveness of the Rentals.com organization, leveraging data to advise on key drivers impacting overall growth. You will be exposed to challenging business problems that require deep thought and data analysis.
A Day in the life
- Team members and leaders will look to you to provide insight on data from a variety of sources and actionable recommendations on how to move forward based on that insight. You will be the subject matter expert on many of Rentals.com's key performance indicators and influence critical decisions that drive the business forward.
- You ensure assumptions are challenged and communication is consistently provided to our functional business leaders to enable the why behind data collected and ensure this data has the ability to be applied to a specific purpose
- You develop reports and dashboards to ensure they are both statistically rigorous and compellingly relevant; own the design, development, and maintenance of ongoing metrics, reports, analyses, dashboards, etc. to drive key business decisions
- You work closely with key stakeholders to collect and appropriately represent information and use this information, along with ongoing metrics, to influence the team’s decision making; thoughtfully develop a grounded point of view that can be used for more accurate forecasting of future business results.
- You become the “go to “ person for accurate forecasting that can be utilized to drive data-driven business decisions; cross-functional teams feel confident that solutions provide a fresh perspective and data-driven solutions that have a direct impact on decisions that are made.
What we need from you
- Demonstrated experience analyzing large datasets and developing critical insights. Excel and SQL proficiency required to be successful in this role. Tableau and Google Analytics is a plus.
- Self-sufficiency in skill-building and an unyielding curiosity to dig deeper in answering complex problems.
- Demonstrated experience in analyzing large data sets and deriving actionable insights to drive business value for stakeholders.
- Proficient experience developing targeted presentations that gain influence through successful communication skills.
- Experience developing custom reporting solutions and automated dashboarding tools.
- Demonstrated success navigating deadlines and being able to plan and prioritize.
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills, ability to simplify complex topics for broad audiences.
- Database and data warehouse knowledge.
A Few of our Perks and Benefits
- Immediate 401k match
- Generous PTO and Paid Holidays
- Paid volunteering days
- Medical, dental, vision plans
- Paid maternity and parental leave
- Flexible spending accounts
- Employee discounts
- Covered parking or Marta stipend (for Atlanta HQ - based employees)
- On-site gym (for Atlanta HQ - based employees)
Still interested? Upload your resume and a Recruiter will check it out as soon as possible.
Why Choose RentPath?
We’re a place where you can make an important difference, from day one. You’ll have the opportunity to grow and build, both professionally and in the communities we serve. You’ll work with smart, diverse, and unpretentious people, as we help renters find and enjoy their ideal home. In fact, we consider ourselves a very well-funded start-up that also has more than 40 years in the industry and strong financial performance. The challenge of leading our digital transformation has attracted talent from leading companies like Google, Microsoft, and Expedia. Will you be next?